Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 05:42 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,417 times

Advertisements

Not a huge fan of autobell. Most of their locations are getting a bit long in the tooth. When I do use them I simply get an exterior wash. Their model does not give their workers ample time to properly vacuum the interior of your vehicle.

The best locations IMO are the new style that charge 5-6 bucks for the wash and have self vacuum available at no extra charge. I typically go to the one by Brier Creek.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 06:13 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,479,697 times
I use American Pride self service on Milbrook near Atlantic.

No brush unless you choose to use one.

You can also wash undercarriage as you want it done.

Spot-free rinse eliminates drying.

If you know how to avoid damage as I do, you can do some engine compartment cleaning too. Just be sure you know where not to spray or leave this to a detailer.

I usually spend $5 on the wash but you can put in extra if you want to.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:33 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,917,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post

The best locations IMO are the new style that charge 5-6 bucks for the wash and have self vacuum available at no extra charge. I typically go to the one by Brier Creek.
I like those too. Dietrick's is a chain down here that offers a drive thru exterior wash and dry for as low as 6 bucks. They provide vacuums, protectants, cleaners and towels to finish the job yourself.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:19 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,579,409 times
I also like the ones where you put in quarters and do it yourself (there's one I use behind the Taco Bell at Glenwood & Pleasant Valley)

Old 12-20-2017, 12:09 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,823,408 times
This is really two very different questions:

DIY-home car washing vs DIY-coinoperated
and any DIY vs AutoBell type manned tunnel-type washing systems

The OP seems to be asking more the second question, so here's my answer.
My biggest attraction to the tunnel type car washers is that they do a vastly better job of undercarrage spraying. As much as I want the top to be clean and pretty, I'm also concerned about getting all the DMV salt out of the cracks and crevasses in the bottom.

I usually alternate between:
The $20 or so, semi-detail, with hand scrubbing of tires to get the resistant brake dust off the wheels, and the interior clean and wipe-down with plastic protectorant, (Armorall), and
The $5 "Ride Through Express Wash" where you drive up, stay in during wash, drive away quickie-wash, to remove the top layer of bugs.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:57 PM

4,535 posts, read 3,738,912 times
AutoBell is so so. I use American Pride on Briar Creek parkway - powerful self-service vacuuming and then a brush and touchless option.

I find the places that vacuum the car for you do a okay job, they don't get into the crannies and things. Unless you are going to some expensive place like Carolina Auto Spa or something like that.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:18 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,049,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
AutoBell is so so. I use American Pride on Briar Creek parkway - powerful self-service vacuuming and then a brush and touchless option.

I find the places that vacuum the car for you do a okay job, they don't get into the crannies and things. Unless you are going to some expensive place like Carolina Auto Spa or something like that.
I've thought about going there. I use AutoBell but it's been a while! At American Pride, do you pay with quarters, and how much? Is the vacuum free, or more quarters?

Old 12-21-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I've thought about going there. I use AutoBell but it's been a while! At American Pride, do you pay with quarters, and how much? Is the vacuum free, or more quarters?

The vacuum at American Pride briar creek is free, just drive up and start using. Am impressed with the power. And since ur vacuuming, you can take the time to move your stuff in the car around and make it very clean. The auto washes probably range from $6-20 depending on how much wax you want and armor all on the tires. Not sure if they take quarters since I have stopped dealing with cash and coins and use a credit card (even for a 50 cent gum packet at the store).

Old 12-21-2017, 05:42 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,049,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
The vacuum at American Pride briar creek is free, just drive up and start using. Am impressed with the power. And since ur vacuuming, you can take the time to move your stuff in the car around and make it very clean. The auto washes probably range from $6-20 depending on how much wax you want and armor all on the tires. Not sure if they take quarters since I have stopped dealing with cash and coins and use a credit card (even for a 50 cent gum packet at the store).
Are you saying that you can use a credit card at American Pride?

Old 12-21-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Are you saying that you can use a credit card at American Pride?
Of course! I don’t go to any place these days that doesn't take a credit card! Forget Dave Ramsey lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary