Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2017, 01:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,199,132 times

Advertisements

I usually take care of my own car washing but was thinking of giving Auto Bell a try up on Falls of Neuse Road in North Raleigh. Looks like they have service packages ranging from $16.99 all the way up to $33.99.

Interested in thoughts on how good a job they do and what service you get. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 01:59 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,303,476 times
When I lived in Charlotte I went frequently. Usually got the $8.00 exterior only, which included hand drying. A quick vacuum of the interior on the way home and everything was done. I thought it was a great deal.

Old 12-19-2017, 02:07 PM

6,647 posts, read 5,539,160 times
if you're in North Raleigh, go to Northridge Auto Spa at Falls of Neuse & Sandy Fork - they do a good job there.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:11 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,144,569 times
I use the Auto Bell on Falls quite often. They do a decent job for the price. I usually get the exterior and interior clean, which is under $20. I usually give them a $5 tip BUT before I hand over the tip, I do a quick look. If I see something they missed, I ask them to do me a favor and wipe over it. They are so polite about it.

I've paid double that to have a custom wash and yes, it is better but Auto Bell works for me...about once a month.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:13 PM

8,158 posts, read 10,871,111 times
I tried them all, and Auto Wash Express seemed to give me the best wash job....Six Forks and Strickland location.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:26 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,856,978 times
I use the one on Wake Forest near Costco across from Mami Nora's - it was $6 for the cheapest which works for me most times, I think it's at $7 now.

They have a $20-something monthly where you can have unlimited washes.

FTR I'm not particular so don't know how they compare.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:53 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,551,098 times
If you get a new car every few years the service isn't bad. The paint on your car will look like crap about the time you get a new one so it doesn't matter.

If you're like me who keeps a car until the wheels fall off, keep doing it yourself so you know it's done correctly and your car won't look like it's been scrubbed with a Brillo pad.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:13 PM

8,158 posts, read 10,871,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
If you're like me who keeps a car until the wheels fall off, keep doing it yourself so you know it's done correctly and your car won't look like it's been scrubbed with a Brillo pad.
I usually buy a new car when my wife breaks the flip down vanity mirror on her side. That doesn't take very long either

Old 12-19-2017, 08:38 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,755,959 times
Is anyone on here extremely picky, meaning you know the diff bw diff types of auto washes, you know good product from bad, etc....like legit detail enthusiasts, are any of the auto washes in the area good and if so, which is the best? Not looking for “hand wash it then” “do it yourself” if the car is legitimately detailed (not a hand wax at the corner wash, a real detail) regularly I can live w some swirls in between. I don’t keep cars long either, I want the convenience of “oh car is dirty I’ll run by the wash.”

For example I checked Northridge and the fact that they tout simoniz as “the best of the best for pro detailers” tells me they either are OK w lying or don’t know better, both steer me clear.

Any educated recommendations for the most thorough wash service around for my needs per above? I can live w the average wash, but would love to know if I’m not aware of a gem.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:15 AM

6,647 posts, read 5,539,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Is anyone on here extremely picky, meaning you know the diff bw diff types of auto washes, you know good product from bad, etc....like legit detail enthusiasts, are any of the auto washes in the area good and if so, which is the best? Not looking for “hand wash it then” “do it yourself” if the car is legitimately detailed (not a hand wax at the corner wash, a real detail) regularly I can live w some swirls in between. I don’t keep cars long either, I want the convenience of “oh car is dirty I’ll run by the wash.”

For example I checked Northridge and the fact that they tout simoniz as “the best of the best for pro detailers” tells me they either are OK w lying or don’t know better, both steer me clear.

Any educated recommendations for the most thorough wash service around for my needs per above? I can live w the average wash, but would love to know if I’m not aware of a gem.
I personally don't use any of the auto washes in the area. I take my car to Men At Work Car Wash in Garner for a hand wash once every few months. It's not quick and they take some time but the car is always looking good afterwards and I can go a few months without needing one then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary