Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 11:18 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,007,617 times

Advertisements

My husband and I got ours last spring. We've been trying to set up an appointment to get our kids since October and no one calls back. It seems like every postal office has the same number and message. So it seems they all go to one system where you leave your name and number for them to call back. I did so in October. After never getting a call back I did so again in December (even though it says to only leave one message on the there I thought maybe my first one was never received) In frustration I just called again. When we got ours the process was simple. We chose Willow Springs per a recommendation and it was quick. Im beginning to stress on us getting them in time now. I thought 6 months would be sufficient time. Does anyone know anywhere I can accomplish this in a timely manner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 11:21 AM

569 posts, read 440,247 times
We had to do that for my stepdaughter's and they called us back to set up an appointment. You might check smaller most offices outside of Raleigh to see if they just have walk-in service.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:23 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,380,824 times
Call your US House of Representative's office and get them to help.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:26 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,507,028 times
There was another thread about Passport acceptance facilities, and someone shared that there's an office on the NCSU campus (open to the public, not just students and staff) that has an online appointment tool. I haven't used this location myself, but this may be the way to go:

https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/Detai...ID=608903&vs=0

(That location also has a different phone number than all the others)

Old 01-09-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeeesmom View Post
We had to do that for my stepdaughter's and they called us back to set up an appointment. You might check smaller most offices outside of Raleigh to see if they just have walk-in service.
It seems that every post office number listed are the same. I thought wake forest was different so I called it and it went to the same recording. I then decided to try a different county thinking that might do it but that number also went to the same recording. I walked into Apex post office and they told me no offices have walk in service any longer. They said Mebane used to but it no longer does. Not sure if they are correct or not.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
There was another thread about Passport acceptance facilities, and someone shared that there's an office on the NCSU campus (open to the public, not just students and staff) that has an online appointment tool. I haven't used this location myself, but this may be the way to go:

https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/Detai...ID=608903&vs=0

(That location also has a different phone number than all the others)
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!!!! Thank You Thank You! I was able to easily schedule the appointments online for end of this month!

Old 01-09-2018, 03:36 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,004 times
Avoid everywhere else and just use the convenient one that has actually kept up with modern times over at NCSU.

I'm slightly convinced that they make it annoyingly hard just to try and frustrate people into giving up at the other locations.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:26 AM

34 posts, read 82,536 times
We scheduled our kids' appointments with the Apex post office. The guy who took care of us there was fast, friendly, and competent. Required about 10 minutes for each child.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:56 PM

34 posts, read 82,536 times
I left out a key word: "online." We scheduled the appointments online.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:34 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyphasic9 View Post
I left out a key word: "online." We scheduled the appointments online.
I wonder if this is something new? The State Dept webpage for the Apex Passport Acceptance office doesn't mention anything about being able to schedule online. I think that's where most people look to find location contact information. But apparently if you go to the USPS page for the particular location ... sure enough, there's a way to schedule online!

I'm guessing that the message you get when you call the phone number doesn't mention this option, or the OP wouldn't have had a problem. They could save a lot of people a lot of frustration if they would make the option better known.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary