Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Go to Starbucks. They’ll give you as many as you ask for.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:33 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
After the initial no to napkins, I did ask for “around 5 to 10 more napkins please for the kids” and I was still told to pay 25 cents. It’s too bad this happened at 2 places in a row to create a bad taste in my mouth. But employees who don’t care are commonplace now combined with corporate and managers who cut costs at the expense of everything else.
I seriously would have left my car blocking the drive thru and gone in and got what I wanted.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:59 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
This makes me feel bad about the 500 napkins I mistakenly took at McDonalds yesterday. Those dispensers are the worst - it's either one at a time or 500 at a time. I went with the 500.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:10 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
I really don't understand how going to corporate fast food restaurants is reflective of local behavior.

Don't want to be treated like a number? Want to eat food that's not full of chemicals designed to last until the after the apocalypse? Eat and shop local businesses.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:17 PM

360 posts, read 400,135 times
It’s all good and eco friendly too

Old 01-31-2018, 03:12 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,453 times
BK has done even worse.

Years ago BK had a place in Crabtree.

They put up a sign on the self service soda machine that anyone bringing in a previously used cup would be prosecuted.

BK HQ did nothing.

I could see the magistrate's face if they were presented such a dumb case.

Just do not patronize these rotten places. They act like stores in NYC where we lived years ago. Perhaps transplants are more likely to accept this bad service.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:58 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
This kind of stuff is not that uncommon and I’ve seen it going back years. Usually you have bad management who are tying to cut costs to the bone being shortsighted, forgettinghwta it looks like or not empowering employees to make reasonable exceptions, like in this case. Sometimes, places will have a rash of people who want dozens of sauces with one chicken meal so they limit it this way.

A pet peeve of mine is a grocery store not having twist ties in the produce Dept. The Food Lion on Davis is almost always out of them and I asked a manager about it and mentioned it made them look cheap compared to th competition. He said he hates it too and they try to keep them in but has people literally come in and take the whole bundle of ties right from the dispenser!

Old 01-31-2018, 05:06 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
looks like or not empowering employees to make reasonable exceptions, like in this case. !
This is really the problem right here, a complete lack of common sense on the part of the employee.

Person comes in and orders happy meal to eat in, and demands 20 ketchup packets and 10 honey mustards with 100 napkins to clean it all up. Employee cites policy.

Couple comes in with 10 kids and orders $200 worth of food, employee recognizes this older couple as loyal customers who come in every Sunday for breakfast after church. Now they're here with visiting grandkids. Employee cites policy and refuses to budge

This is what you get with the typical fast food worker...you give them a policy but they don't understand without being told that there are gray areas.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:14 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Blame it on the customers who come through and grab fist fulls of condiments, 20 straws (for one drink), dozens of utensils, and two inches of napkins, then go home and stash it all in a drawer for later use.
Yep, that's the problem

Old 01-31-2018, 05:51 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenap View Post
I've never had such experience either, not at any place in the country. Although I'm not a frequent fast food customer and always keep paper towels / napkins in my car.

Just a suggestion: maybe instead of asking for "extra" just ask nicely for specific amount? I believe we were also given just 1 ketchup with Happy Meal but "can I please get one more ketchup?" request was honored without any issues.

Cost cutting is everywhere these days though and I don't think it's a sign of any local issues.
I, for one, am thankful for this. It keeps prices down, and I've never-EVER been denied extras when I asked politely. OP, I'm not calling you out, but I wonder if your expectation of disappointment didn't influence your demeanor and result in a self-fullfilling outcome?

One exception on the napkins. Anyone ever had a Pizza at Pompierri in Durham. EXCELLENT Pizza, but OMG, they are hillarious with their napkin rations. (That is more of a hipster-environmental thing, not cost-saving, and they too will give them if you ask.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary