Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 07:02 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times

Advertisements

Hate that wal mart...they are ALWAYS understaffed at registers. Takes 20 minutes to check out because they have 3 out of 45 lanes open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 08:29 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,477,729 times
-There's a McDonald's literally a block or two away from that Walmart, so there's really not that much of a loss. (Brier Creek Walmart also has one in close proximity as well)

Old 02-07-2018, 10:00 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,722,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Hate that wal mart...they are ALWAYS understaffed at registers. Takes 20 minutes to check out because they have 3 out of 45 lanes open.
And, like every other big Walmart in western Wake (Apex and Holly Springs at least... not sure about Fuquay), NO self-checkout lines. I never understood what the deal was with that.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:39 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,575,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
And, unlike many other area Walmarts, they don't offer a self-service checkout option; it drive me crazy.

Also, regarding the original post, the McDonalds inside always seemed empty and the service, the 1-2 times I've used it, was silly slow. I also used to go to that Great Clips and with limited exception, it was always empty. I didn't understand why though considering their proximity to RTP, which logically should have kept them busy M-F.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:56 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
And, unlike many other area Walmarts, they don't offer a self-service checkout option; it drive me crazy.

Also, regarding the original post, the McDonalds inside always seemed empty and the service, the 1-2 times I've used it, was silly slow. I also used to go to that Great Clips and with limited exception, it was always empty. I didn't understand why though considering their proximity to RTP, which logically should have kept them busy M-F.
I would think so as well, but the area around RTP is littered with the carcasses of shopping centers that thought the same thing and ended up with cheap rents so they are only filled with come and go businesses and mom and pop restaurants. Going back 40 years. Retail needs rooftops. Lunch is just not enough for most places to make it.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:01 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
... NO self-checkout lines. I never understood what the deal was with that.
Even the Self-checkout lines need at lease one staff to supervise the machines, check booze-IDs, etc.
I can see where they'd think that the staffer would be more helpful behind a full service line.
(Assuming the total number of checkout staff is fixed).

Old 02-08-2018, 07:10 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,380,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
Even the Self-checkout lines need at lease one staff to supervise the machines, check booze-IDs, etc.
I can see where they'd think that the staffer would be more helpful behind a full service line.
(Assuming the total number of checkout staff is fixed).
Do what? That one person can oversee 10 self checkout lines, thus moving through 10 times the people versus being behind register. It actually allows the store to use fewer clerks.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:25 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,089 times
Makes me wonder if that Walmart will be closing soon. The only real time I would stop in is when I had gone to Sam's Club. It is the closest Walmart Super Center to me though. For whatever reason, Cary seems to just have the Neighborhood Walmarts.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:28 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Makes me wonder if that Walmart will be closing soon. The only real time I would stop in is when I had gone to Sam's Club. It is the closest Walmart Super Center to me though. For whatever reason, Cary seems to just have the Neighborhood Walmarts.

Sadly its always packed. Now- massive office buildings are springing up all around it so maybe the real estate is too valuable to sit on.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:10 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
I've lost weight walking to my local McDonalds. Senior coffee about 65 cents. Yogurt with fruit is always great.

"No regular bun" is on the menu screen they use. BOGO sandwich offer on receipt after survey is taken or phone app has loads of deals.

Harrison Ave location is testing non-frozen burgers. Place is always busy.

I regularly meet up with others at the two other "green" McDonalds in Cary owned by Richards group.
Kildare Farms and Crossroads are sure busy, and a few charge their EVs for free.

All-day breakfast has Chick-Fil-A beat.

Just some opinions.

Panera meals are too over-loaded with sodium and fat.
I'll back you up re: Panera having too much sodium. Sheesh. You have to design a sandwich to avoid it.

The McDonald's over on Harrison just got a really great remodel. People always scoff at McD's (hell, I rarely eat there, myself), but they're one of the best chain fast-food places in terms of nutritional value.

This was NOT so 10 years ago. They've really worked on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary