Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2019, 01:01 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,926,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Peta has this weird breathing pattern while she talks. I like her otherwise but the little gasping sounds at strange points in her sentences drive me insane. See if you notice it next time she's on.
OK you made me go and google her and watch a video! Yes, there is definitely a gasping sound at times and it would bother me to listen to her all the time. I also noticed the "um's" as other people have mentioned. She's young so hopefully when she gets a little more "seasoned" and confident it will improve. She's very pretty and seems very pleasant but just a little difficult to listen too.

I felt the same when Brittany Bell started but now I actually really like her. She definitely is a lot more confident and I like the way she presents the whether.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:13 PM

3,014 posts, read 2,219,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
OK you made me go and google her and watch a video! Yes, there is definitely a gasping sound at times and it would bother me to listen to her all the time. I also noticed the "um's" as other people have mentioned. She's young so hopefully when she gets a little more "seasoned" and confident it will improve. She's very pretty and seems very pleasant but just a little difficult to listen too.

I felt the same when Brittany Bell started but now I actually really like her. She definitely is a lot more confident and I like the way she presents the whether.
I'm with you. Hopefully she will get more familiar with the area and can improve her fluidity with more experience.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:35 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,863,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post

+1 +1 +1 re the ums, potentially getting better over time but difficult to take now, and Brittany becoming less wooden over the past 1.5 years.

Re the weird breathing thingy, that will ruin me for her the way I ruined a huge REO Speedwagon fan coworker when I pointed out the singer's constantly annoying sentence endings.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:41 PM

22,654 posts, read 36,662,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Re the weird breathing thingy, that will ruin me for her the way I ruined a huge REO Speedwagon fan coworker when I pointed out the singer's constantly annoying sentence endings.
LOLOLLLLL...he's definitely someone who took his choral training a little too seriously.

As far as the breathing, there was another reporter that was like that - Julia Sims? She left last year or maybe two years ago. She always sounded like she was gasping.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:23 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,885,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
... and Brittany becoming less wooden over the past 1.5 years...

She really has.

Dunno what it is, but WRAL insists on hiring the "woodens" and ABC11 leans more heavily toward the "pliables/non-woodens" ... it's like two extremes. Night and day.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:21 PM

269 posts, read 320,655 times
Tera Lynn is making a comeback on WRAL for the weekend morning shift. I guess it is just a temporary fill-in, but it will good to have her back on air. She was one of the better reporters that they lost over the last few years.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:21 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,942,564 times
good talent finds better employers.

Old 05-24-2019, 06:58 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,896,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coffee View Post
Tera Lynn is making a comeback on WRAL for the weekend morning shift. I guess it is just a temporary fill-in, but it will good to have her back on air. She was one of the better reporters that they lost over the last few years.
I liked Tara Lynn a lot. She was very good. Maybe WRAL can get her back.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:32 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,885,361 times
Anybody notice Julie Wilson of abc11 hasn't been wearing her wedding ring on air at all for the past couple of months? She was already kinda hit or miss wearing it on air (like maybe 60% of the time she wore it) ...

I dunno if anyone else has noticed, but I just pick up on details like that.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:32 AM

386 posts, read 434,882 times
Julie Wilson seems like she has a fun sense of humor. Count me as a fan, i guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.