Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 08:43 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,976,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
Who's on the "a" team?

I think Elizabeth Gardner is pretty good but she only does the weather. And the new guy who only does pieces here and there.

News12?

I like hyper-local news to learn more about the area. I couldn't watch News12 in NY since I wasn't a Cablevision subscriber either.

I luv elizabeth gardner

They had a lady who left last year for the mid west she was good i already forgot her name.

My wife and I were arguing about this.

Thesis: The A team is the crew doing the weekday morning and evening broadcast. Lower teams can sub in.

For WRAL I would say

Bill Leslie
Renee Chu(?)
Elizabeth
Brian the traffic guy
Deberah Morgan
The black guy forgot his name

Old 02-10-2018, 08:59 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
They had a lady who left last year for the mid west she was good i already forgot her name.
Kelsey Carlson? She went to Fox 9 in Minneapolis.

They had her on Adam & Joe recently when the Vikings were in the super bowl playoffs.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:21 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,871,553 times
Quote:
I watch because it seems the most local, friendly and digestible first thing in the morning, but many of them make mistakes all the time and a female newscaster that always struck me as bored did this:
I don't have an issue with that particular reporter and funny you posted this as I was just thinking how another local reporter became Cannot Watch Anymore status.

Debra Morgan now joins Elizabeth Gardener and ABC's Akilah Davis to the Turn The Channel As Soon As I See Them List. I have an already low tolerance for chuckleheads and dumbed-down between-story banter, either she is doing it more or I'm noticing it more but Morgan has become unwatchable recently. For me anyway, but I'm a curmodgeon.

Finally checked out Bryan Mims after reading how people here don't seem to care for, him, and I can see why, he has an over-affected delivery and choice of emphasis not unlike Annoying NPR Announcer Lady With The Silken Voice.

There are a few newscasters I like however. But don't get me started on David Muir, who takes the cake as the country's drama queen. Talk about Crying Wolf.....

Thankfully there are BBC and PBS.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:26 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
I luv elizabeth gardner

My wife and I were arguing about this.

Thesis: The A team is the crew doing the weekday morning and evening broadcast. Lower teams can sub in.

For WRAL I would say

Bill Leslie
Renee Chu(?)
Elizabeth
Brian the traffic guy
Deberah Morgan
The black guy forgot his name
=========================
Let me assist you:
Bill Leslie
Renee Chu(?) = Renee Chou
Elizabeth Gardner
Brian the traffic guy = Brian Shrader
Deberah Morgan = Debra Morgan
The black guy forgot his name = Gerald Owens

Old 02-10-2018, 09:51 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,938,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
No! It was ABC News! It was hilarious!

I remember the "******* the chicken" one, I saw that live.

I also saw the lady flash her boobs on the Today Show live, and will never forget the look on Matt Lauer's face (in retrospect, he probably got her number later).

Also remember Sue Simmons dropping the F-Bomb on Chuck Scarborough during a tease she didn't realize was live. Always loved those two.

Also NSFW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYAMDhVT50I

For those not from NY these two were a legendary anchor team in NYC for many, many years. She was known for having a few between broadcasts.
And she's a fabulous lesbian also!

Old 02-10-2018, 10:01 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
I heard plucking that chicken.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:05 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,477,404 times
Meh,

I like WRAL myself and don't mind WTVD too much.
I don't really care for WNCN myself.

Old 02-10-2018, 11:12 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,589,222 times
All in favor of Mark Roberts, say "aye."

Old 02-10-2018, 11:23 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,446 times
Quote:
I watch because it seems the most local, friendly and digestible first thing in the morning...
WRAL is the stiffest newscast in the Triangle ... lol

What are you talking about ?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Gina Benitez is leaving next month....
Where is she going?

Last edited by UserNamesake; 02-10-2018 at 11:33 AM..

Old 02-10-2018, 05:43 PM

9,777 posts, read 15,786,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I heard plucking that chicken.
That's what I heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary