Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 05:20 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,543,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDShadow121 View Post
I'd prefer to find someone local, but not sure if I will. I'm open and would still appreciate your recommendation!
Sure, will DM you. I was pretty astounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 06:42 AM

3,666 posts, read 6,548,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
So, I'll be on record as saying I really believe in mediums...because I've had some unexplainable experiences myself.

That said, it's also the perfect con if one is so inclined.

There is actually a body, mind and spirit expo at the fairgrounds Feb 24 and 25, with vendors.
So this will probably set off a firestorm, but how is it so many people believe in an omnipotent being responsible for everyone and everything despite only being told of its existence, but they struggle to accept psychic's?

Faith is faith, question it always or never, that's my official position.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:12 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,543,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
So this will probably set off a firestorm, but how is it so many people believe in an omnipotent being responsible for everyone and everything despite only being told of its existence, but they struggle to accept psychic's?

Yeah, I totally agree with you - when you really think about the logic of it that makes sense to me.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:44 AM

445 posts, read 1,854,253 times
Sherrie Dillard. She used to be in N. Raleigh off of 6 Forks Road - north of 540. If you google her name you will find a link to her website.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:00 PM

5 posts, read 4,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrank2109 View Post
Sherrie Dillard. She used to be in N. Raleigh off of 6 Forks Road - north of 540. If you google her name you will find a link to her website.
Thank you. I have tried to look her up before but haven't found many reviews or anything. Would love to hear more about your experience if you don't mind. You can DM me if you want!

Old 02-15-2018, 01:18 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,953,925 times
Quote:

Not my personal beliefs.....but bible thumpers I know technically "believe" in psychics,
but they consider the use of clairvoyants, psychics, horoscopes, and tarot cards an aspect of the
occult which they say the bible warns against.

One could flip your question and ask how someone that believes in psychic's does not believe in God.
Not sure it is that simple. Someone can believe in a spiritual realm but not believe in every spiritual
idea out there.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:21 PM

6,793 posts, read 8,990,877 times
Quote:

Quote:
Leviticus 19:31

31 “ ‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.
This is just one of several verses. For the record, I am an atheist so I don't believe any of this stuff.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:26 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,953,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
This is just one of several verses. For the record, I am an atheist so I don't believe any of this stuff.
...which makes you much less prone to getting scammed by any of it...

Old 02-15-2018, 02:54 PM

21 posts, read 19,934 times
After reading this thread, my question is: Shouldn't the plural of medium be media?

Old 02-15-2018, 02:58 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,302,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Leviticus 19:31 “ ‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.

Yeah, churches HATE competition!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary