Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 6,403 times

Advertisements

We are trying to decide on a house and which neighborhood to live in. We love 3 house. One is in Plantation Pointe, one in the Athletic Club side of Riverwood and one is on the Golf side of Riverwood. We have a 5 1/2 year old. We would like input on the neighborhoods, kids in the neighborhoods, amenities, ect.
Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 11:24 AM

615 posts, read 1,502,800 times
I'm not a fan of Riverwood. Too "Stepford' for me and the houses seem too cookie-cutter.

PLantation Pointe was on our "short list" when we were house-hunting. More trees.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,222 times
We've lived in Plantation Pointe for nearly 2 years now, moving from NJ.
There are tons of kids here and that's why we chose the neighborhood for it's family friendly environment as we have three young boys ourselves.
There is a swimming pool, playground and tennis courts in the community that is included in your monthly homeowners dues.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:05 PM

69 posts, read 208,205 times
Can I ask what the average house runs...? In either or both of these neighborhoods.. We're looking into Clayton right now.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:11 PM

223 posts, read 566,426 times
I think I would pick Riverwood Golf- it seems more open and the houses don't seem to be right on top of each other. If you picked Riverwood Athletic, you'd be closer to the schools and the pool. You can get the resident rate for Riverwood which would inlcude the pools and the athletic clubs at all the other sister communities like Lionsgate. I myself wasn't too impressed with Flowers/Plantation Pointe but my kids have friends there and they all seem to enjoy it. I think you would avoid the city taxes with Flowers though. Can't go wrong with any of them though. All good schools and I am sure your child will have a ton of friends in any of the areas. Good luck.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:40 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebrunn View Post
Can I ask what the average house runs...? In either or both of these neighborhoods.. We're looking into Clayton right now.
If you go to hpw.com you can search by subdivision name. Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:00 AM

615 posts, read 1,502,800 times
The prices in Plantation Pointe I think run anywhere between $200-270k

Riverwood is A-Z. They have different "sections" for renters, townhomes, starter homes, transitional homes and almost mansions. I believe they run anywhere from $175k-$500,000k.

BOth have mandatory monthly Association Fees...so you should be aware of that also.(@$30.oo per month -- $100.00 per month)

Old 04-06-2008, 03:09 PM

106 posts, read 343,998 times
It's all in what you want I live on the athletic side and love it my friend lives on the gulf side and also love it. There are a few differences which i like and remind me of the kind of neighborhood i grew up in. the houses may be a little bit closer than others but that can be a plus. I know my neighbors and are very close with them. kids ride their bikes to school, pool, store, friends houses around the pond, and go fishing. My friend on the gulf side on the other hand can walk right pass their neighbor and would not recognize them. You have to weigh out whats most important to you. Privacy, land which means more grass to cut! My kids don't even use our back yard there always playing the street with the neighborhood kids. I'm sure you'll be happy with which ever neighborhood you choose, they are all nice good luck sweetness.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,403 times
Thanks everyone for your responses. We put in an offer on a house in the Golf side of Riverwood. It had all we needed in a house and the lot is a big bonus and we have a beautiful view of the course across the street. We will be closing the end of May and can't wait. Anyone live in Riverwood with children around 6? My son would love to make friends when we move in.
Thanks everyone again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary