Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 07:01 PM

4 posts, read 2,981 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 07:15 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,380,824 times
We get it...your grandfathers cousin, Union County, etc., etc., etc. Got it.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:18 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Newton Grove.

Or possibly Faison.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:22 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Having spent some time traveling to Johnston County when I was growing up in next door Wayne County, I agree with those that mentioned JoCo.
Awesome. I grew up in Wayne County as well. Lived most of my youth out on Old 111 S. Highway and went to Greenwood Middle and Eastern Wayne High. Pretty cool to meet a someone else on this forum who grew up in or around Goldsboro.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:30 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Awesome. I grew up in Wayne County as well. Lived most of my youth out on Old 111 S. Highway and went to Greenwood Middle and Eastern Wayne High. Pretty cool to meet a someone else on this forum who grew up in or around Goldsboro.
Spent most of my time growing up in Fremont (yeah, I know ). Charles B. Aycock High School c/o 2007.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:38 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Cary, obviously
They might be doing the plumbing on some of the fine houses in Cary during the day and then going home to Siler City or Smithfield at night. And they may actually be as financially well off as some of their customers but just not show it outwardly.

Old 10-28-2023, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
They wouldn't Relocate to North Carolina at all, They would remain in Hazzard County, Georgia. 30 miles outside of Atlanta where they live and are from. LOL, Hazzard (Conyers & Covington) Georgia Today has become a True Suburb of Atlanta and tons of road paving was taking place in the late 70 to early 80's. You could see Bo and Luke doing jumps around the Construction all the time. All of this is this construction is now proof with all of Atlanta's Suburban Sprawl, but hey the Town Square still exist ( Downtown Covington, GA ). Why would they leave the Beautiful State of Georgia to move to North Carolina, wouldn't happen. They would just move to the City of Atlanta where they go to get into a little trouble, have fun any way or just move to the North Georgia Mountains if they want to keep that Country life style but they would stay in their home State of Georgia... YeeeeeHaaaaaa
All of the above information is incorrect. The actual searchable FACTS are the idea for the Dukes Of Hazard tv show came from a 1970's movie titled Moonrunners. Which is a story about a real person by the name of Jerry Rushing who lived in North Carolina. He now lives in Taylorsville, Alexander County NC. He had a chicken farm for Tyson Foods. I went to pick up chickens there for Tyson many times. On one such occasion Jerry signed my copy of his novel, The Real Dukes Of Hazzard. So nothing about jumping construction sites has anything to do with the actual Dukes Of Hazzard. All of this information is searchable, just Google, Jerry Rushing Dukes Of Hazzard.

Old 10-28-2023, 02:17 PM

5,885 posts, read 6,953,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottomHeadMan View Post
The actual searchable FACTS are
The actual facts are the last post on this thread was from 2019. I wonder how many of the posters didn't make it through COVID.

Old 10-28-2023, 08:08 PM

321 posts, read 183,099 times
I'm more curious if Daisy moved, and whether and started her own brew pub.

Old 10-29-2023, 07:22 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
The actor James Best who played Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane retired to Hickory, NC if I am not mistaken, before he passed away. And the actor Denver Pyle who played Uncle Jesse was also well know for his role as Briscoe Darling on the Andy Griffith Show, based on Mt. Airy, NC and Pilot Mountain. And actress Betty Lynn who was Thelma Lou retired to Mt. Airy where she was active in Mayberry festivals, and Frances Bavier who played Aunt Bea retired to Siler City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary