U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 08:00 AM

623 posts, read 1,023,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian14A View Post
Yet the Triangle's population growth is STILL faster than Charlotte's. 14.99% for the Triangle to the Charlotte region's 12.98%.
(source: Wikipedia CSA metros). That must REALLY stick in your crawl. Have another biscuit, lol
Triggered? It's facts that seem to trigger you, dear. I'm quite content. I'll gladly have a bojangles biscuit, thanks! I'll take raw numbers growth over a percentage point growth (miniscule) any day of the week. Not to mention the economic output the data is showing from the growth. Muah!

Old 10-04-2018, 08:02 AM

8,568 posts, read 12,663,611 times
Quote:
CSA metro population of Charlotte: 2.6 million
CSA metro population of Raleigh: 2.2 million

CSA growth rate of Charlotte: 12.98%
CSA growth rate of Raleigh: 14.99%

Source: Wikipedia CSA metro populations

Raleigh-Durham is only slightly smaller and faster growing than Charlotte.... and being that education, tech, research and government are more recession proof than banking and finance, Raleigh-Durham will likely pass Charlotte in the not to distant future. Wake County will likely pass Mecklenburg County in population by the next census, since only 8,000 people separate the two counties now and with Wake growing at a slightly faster clip (source: wikipedia) and Wake County Public Schools has already passed Charlotte-Mecklenburg as the largest school system in the state (source: Wikipedia school systems by enrollment) with current school system enrollments of 155,000 and 145,000 respectively.
The Raleigh CSA is no longer 2.2 million. They lost some counties to Fayetteville's CSA, so Raleigh's CSA is now closer to 2 million.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:07 AM

65 posts, read 26,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
The Raleigh CSA is no longer 2.2 million. They lost some counties to Fayetteville's CSA, so Raleigh's CSA is now closer to 2 million.
Nope. Source: Wikipedia Research Triangle. See the map on the page. Cumberland County is not included in the Triangle's CSA. Population 2.2 million.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:09 AM

939 posts, read 502,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Do you remember which counties? Because I also heard Durham's MSA gained a county. And since Durham and Rakeigh are the same CSA it may have evened out.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:18 AM

10,670 posts, read 11,292,569 times
Maybe Harnett? It's sorta 2/3rds Fayetteville-oriented and 1/3 Raleigh-oriented.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
Triggered? It's facts that seem to trigger you, dear. I'm quite content. I'll gladly have a bojangles biscuit, thanks! I'll take raw numbers growth over a percentage point growth (miniscule) any day of the week. Not to mention the economic output the data is showing from the growth. Muah!

Seems I've triggered like 3 Charlotte posters in the last 24 hours, lol. Musta hit a nerve, lol.

Have another biscuit, then pick up some lumber at Lowes, stop by and grab some bubble wrap from Sealed Air and a truck mud flap from Sonic Automotive as you tout Charlotte's GDP, you'll feel better, lol !

Old 10-04-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I've triggered like 3 Charlotte posters in the last 24 hours, lol. Musta hit a nerve, lol.

Have another biscuit, then pick up some lumber at Lowes, stop by and grab some bubble wrap from Seal Air and a truck mud flap from Sonic Automotive as you tout Charlotte's GDP, you'll feel better, lol !
You're giving yourself quite a bit of accolades there. I see, any response from anyone is a "triggered response." I am so sorry you don't like the data. Although, this site may be the wrong one for you.

Hang your hat on that one article from 2015 touting the best place to raise a family in the south that Rhymes with Brawleigh.

Hey, did you know that Myrtle Beach metro is growing almost two fold over Raleigh area? You know, those percentage points you love to throw around, lol. Raleigh better watch out!

Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 AM

939 posts, read 502,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Maybe Harnett? It's sorta 2/3rds Fayetteville-oriented and 1/3 Raleigh-oriented.
That's what I was thinking but I haven't heard any official information on the supposed county shift

Old 10-04-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
You're giving yourself quite a bit of accolades there. I see, any response from anyone is a "triggered response." I am so sorry you don't like the data. Although, this site may be the wrong one for you.

Hang your hat on that one article from 2015 touting the best place to raise a family in the south that Rhymes with Brawleigh.

Hey, did you know that Myrtle Beach metro is growing almost two fold over Raleigh area? You know, those percentage points you love to throw around, lol. Raleigh better watch out!

Charlotte CSA: 2,600,000
Raleigh CSA: 2,200,000

Myrtle Beach CSA: 500,000

Numbers are hard. You must be a product of Charlotte/Meck public schools, lol ! Maybe you should have gone to Wake County Public Schools or Chapel-Hill/Carrboro Public Schools instead, lol !

I wouldn't bring up Myrtle Beach if I were you, I might have to start a cultural comparison between Myrtle and Charlotte, you think you're triggered now, lol !

Which metro again is it that spills into SC? I'll wait

Old 10-04-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Charlotte CSA: 2,600,000
Raleigh CSA: 2,200,000

Myrtle Beach CSA: 500,000

Numbers are hard. You must be a product of Charlotte/Meck public schools, lol ! Maybe you should have gone to Wake County Public Schools or Chapel-Hill/Carrboro Public Schools instead, lol !

I wouldn't bring up Myrtle Beach if I were you, I might have to start a cultural comparison between Myrtle and Charlotte, you think you're triggered now, lol ! Which metro again is it that spills into SC? I'll wait
You Raleigh comedians need a new schtick. Its like that epicene guy, architect whatever. Yalls playbook is soooo yawn. It's like those jokes that no one laughs at except the four people that repeat them.

As for SC, or Myrtle beach. Go right ahead. We in Charlotte embrace the one Carolina motto. Metrolina, etc. Have.at.it. Make.my.day.

Again, I'm sorry you don't like the data. However, Myrtle Beach metro is growing faster, percentage wise, than Raleigh Metro is. Just going by your own metric. Must be all those SC rednecks procreating down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or