Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 11:35 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
"Does it bother you to provide customer service to people of different races"

Not sure what is awkward about the question..Simple yes-no question.
They should add in "professions" as well.
Lots of food service places are having issues with employees not serving law enforcement lately.
That would be tricky. Not all LEOs show up at a fast food joint in uniform.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:41 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That would be tricky. Not all LEOs show up at a fast food joint in uniform.

Obviously the issues have been when uniformed officers have been refused service.

But the overall point is that if you work somewhere you can't refuse to serve or work with someone
based on a personal prejudice of any type. And if you have those issues the company doesn't
want you as an employee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 11:51 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
I don't think I've ever seen a senior citizen working in Hardy's or Bojangles. I absolutely have seen quite a few in Chick-Fil-A, Starbucks, McDonalds and, occasionally, Subway and Church's chicken. (and In and Out Burger, but they aren't in this area, unfortunately.)

Were it me, I'd probably go a bit further to work at Chick-Fil-A. Closed sundays and considered one of the BEST places to work in fast food.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Were it me, I'd probably go a bit further to work at Chick-Fil-A. Closed sundays and considered one of the BEST places to work in fast food.
I don't know if the OP is interested in furthering his/her education but Chick Fil A has a lot of
education scholarships, discounts and other things to support their employees in furthering their
education.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:24 PM

164 posts, read 143,815 times
Quote:
NeerHeer, Do you have any full service restaurants near you? Would you consider waiting tables ? I worked my way through college waiting table, made good money and enjoyed it.
I've never really been interested in working in food service. Working at a fast food place though, seems like the easier option for a job that I could handle. It also reflects my personal quirks as a customer. I much prefer the relative "thanks for the food now leave me alone" anonymity of a fast food restaurant to the constant attention and hand-holding you get at a full-service restaurant.

I'm likely beyond educating at this point I could still use the health benefits.

Jkgourmet: I have seen workers at Bojangles much older that me. The people at Hardee's, like many other places, seem like High School and college age mostly.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:01 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
Have you considered somewhere like Lowe's or even a grocery store like Trader Joe's. Everybody who works at the Trader Joe's in Chapel Hill is probably 30+, many in their 40s and 50s, too.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:34 PM

164 posts, read 143,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Have you considered somewhere like Lowe's or even a grocery store like Trader Joe's. Everybody who works at the Trader Joe's in Chapel Hill is probably 30+, many in their 40s and 50s, too.
I've done grocery stores before, and looking for something there again is on my list. That's where the 'back of store type of guy" remark came from.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:37 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:

Lots of food service places are having issues with employees not serving law enforcement lately.
I'm surprised you forgot to mention sexual orientation. I've heard tell of people refusing to bake a cake or issue a a marriage license based on sexual preference. That, to me, is equally offensive as someone refusing to serve someone based on race or chosen profession.

(That being said, if someone came to my restaurant wearing a #12 Patriots Jersey, they're gonna leave hungry!)

Old 03-29-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'm surprised you forgot to mention sexual orientation. I've heard tell of people refusing to bake a cake or issue a a marriage license based on sexual preference. That, to me, is equally offensive as someone refusing to serve someone based on race or chosen profession.
Yes, Below you can see that I tried to cover all prejudices/biases

Quote:

But the overall point is that if you work somewhere you can't refuse to serve or work with someone
based on a personal prejudice of any type. And if you have those issues the company doesn't
want you as an employee.

But this thread is about an employers right to hire or fire you ,
not really the legal question of a business owner refusing service for something that goes against their
beliefs. That gets complicated in my mind but a whole other subject.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:30 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I used to LOVE it when she came home. Smelled so much better than Channel #5!!!! If I ever have a late-life affair, I might find me a lady who works as BBQ Pit-Master)
This is where my dating life is going wrong...I'm wearing the wrong perfume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary