Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 11:06 AM

757 posts, read 2,082,962 times

Advertisements

I believe Roebuck, braswell, L and L and Dickerson all built on the Marshall farm side. I’m sure there’s way more builders than that, just don’t exactly know who they are. I know my neighbor just had a 12 year old roof replaced and several people have had their hvacs replaced. The quality is certainly better than track homes, but even the best custom builders have cost saving measures such as builder grade items that need replacing after 10 yrs or so. The builders usually spray the paint job and only really lasts 8 yrs for the initial job. Any of the homes you find in heritage over 10 yrs old really should have already had a paint job. Ours was built by Roebuck and we haven’t had a lot of problems. We ultra maintain our home though. There’s a house across the street that’s a rental also built by Roebuck. It is in very poor condition. That the difference in maintanance verses non mantainance, so I would focus on that more than the initial builder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 11:28 AM

118 posts, read 178,239 times
Medallion built in the Heritage Gates section as well as many, many homes in the other area of Heritage with a Rolesville address, streets like Lawson Walk, Lord Granville and those sections surrounding them including the Enclave which is over the bridge. We have a Medallion home and have been pleased. No real problems whatsoever. The dues for Heritage Gates are 135.00 per month including all exterior landscaping - PLUS 276.00 or so 2 x a year (January and July). Like others said the golf and pool are extra.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:05 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
they built numerous homes in Heritage South (south of Rogers, west of the creek). Then on both sides of Rogers east - where it becomes Rolesville.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:12 PM

23 posts, read 43,611 times
In response to a couple of people responding to my questions I wonder if all of heritage gates has a rolesville address and schools? Would rather have heritage wake forest address and schools for resale value. Does heritage south, "south of Rogers and west of the creek" have a rolesville address and rolesville schools? Can you tell me street names of those so I can check out the homes on realtor.com? I do love the medallion homes with unfinished 2nd stories bc I only need the 2100 downstairs story but they seem a little high priced for 2000 sq ft. in rolesville just off Rogers rd.
After looking at the prices of homes in heritage gates, I am thinking it really doesn't matter if it's rolesville or wake forest address. They are increasing in value by almost 13 percent a year.

Last edited by Morris7; 10-08-2018 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: I received more information

Old 10-08-2018, 03:11 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
do you not want a Rolesville mailing address, municipal government, or schools? And frankly, as someone without kids (right?) and you'd plan on being in the house for 10+ years, then I wouldn't worry about WF v Rolesville schools either. Wake v Franklin? Absolutely.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:28 PM

757 posts, read 2,082,962 times
Heritage south which is Marshall Farm Street pool side go to jones dairy elementary, heritage middle, and heritage high. The other side of Marshall farm (golf course side)...it’s heritage elem, middle, and high. If it has a wake forest address, it should be one of these schools. Rolesville elementary has good reviews, but Rolesville middle and high are not supposed to be as good as heritage high and middle. In fact there’s some homes on the Rolesville side of heritage that would be better suited for us, but we don’t want to give up these schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary