Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 04:15 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,987 times

Advertisements

...and we're just letting it happen.

...this is really starting to wear thin... Here I am teasing Charlotteans about its lack of identity and character and Raleigh might be beating out Charlotte in the race to become the most sterile, vanilla city.

--------------

Hot news now: Krispy Kreme sells Raleigh property for $4.7M | The Herald Sun

RALEIGH Doughnut maker Krispy Kreme has sold two parcels of land on North Person Street to a New York-based real estate investment company for nearly $4.7 million.
The two parcels – at 549 and 551 N. Person St. – are the home of the only Krispy Kreme in Raleigh. The buyer was Broadstone KKD Portfolio LLC, a subsidiary of real estate investor Broadstone Real Estate, according to deed records.
The North Person Street Krispy Kreme is also the home of the Krispy Kreme Challenge, an annual tradition in which runners race the 2.5 miles between the campus of N.C. State University and the Person Street Krispy Kreme, all while eating a dozen doughnuts.
It raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 04:40 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,928,258 times
That's not good

By the way the old Krispy Kreme actually used to be just north of there on the right. Corner of Person and Pace.

Last edited by Poggly Woggly; 04-10-2018 at 04:49 AM..

Old 04-10-2018, 05:02 AM

678 posts, read 738,198 times
You can't really blame them for selling that prime real estate. They can always set up shop in a cheaper part of town, like SE Raleigh. Besides I like Duck Donuts and Rise better. I got burned out on plain old glazed donuts

Old 04-10-2018, 06:00 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
I'm not sure how you can stop someone from selling their property.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:08 AM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
You can't really blame them for selling that prime real estate. They can always set up shop in a cheaper part of town, like SE Raleigh. Besides I like Duck Donuts and Rise better. I got burned out on plain old glazed donuts
Amen. And Rise biscuits are amazing too. Both are definitely pricier than Krispy Kreme though.

Looks like you'll have to head to the Triad to get Hot Donuts Now. Makes it more nostalgic I guess?

KK donuts you by at HT (and at most of KK's "storefront" locations) aren't very good TBH.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:25 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Looks like you'll have to head to the Triad to get Hot Donuts Now. Makes it more nostalgic I guess?

KK donuts you by at HT (and at most of KK's "storefront" locations) aren't very good TBH.
There's a KK in Wake Forest, one in Knightdale and another in Durham so no need to go all the way to the Triad if Hot 'n Fresh is really what someone is looking for. I agree that the KK donuts in grocery stores aren't the same but I like them better than most.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:33 AM

386 posts, read 436,622 times
I think there still might be a KK in Fuquay as well, not sure.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:42 AM

703 posts, read 780,265 times
Quote:

I don't understand this sentiment at all. Who is "we"? And exactly what should "we" be doing to prevent such things from happening?

Old 04-10-2018, 06:42 AM

725 posts, read 1,500,701 times
Quote:

...this is really starting to wear thin... Here I am teasing Charlotteans about its lack of identity and character and Raleigh might be beating out Charlotte in the race to become the most sterile, vanilla city.

--------------
Losing a chain restaurant is losing character? It would be like the McDonald's on East South street being sold and turning into something else, just because it looks old doesn't make it unique.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:49 AM

6,654 posts, read 5,589,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
Losing a chain restaurant is losing character? It would be like the McDonald's on East South street being sold and turning into something else, just because it looks old doesn't make it unique.
That's what I was talking about with someone earlier. How do we decide if something is historic or if we should fight to keep it? It's unreasonable to expect zero change in our neighborhoods but at the same time people are nostalgic and cling to the past so I guess there must be some sort of balance between those 2 things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary