Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 05:57 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times

Advertisements

Have tickets gone on sale yet? If not, when? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 06:00 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,257,663 times
From my understanding, only people who are current season-ticket holders have rights to buy tickets to Hamilton. Though they have to buy next year's season-ticket and have the opportunity to buy one or two additional Hamilton tickets. A friend of mine who is a season-ticket holder told me about this when Hamilton was announced.

So, make friends with someone who has a season-ticket now.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:34 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
From my understanding, only people who are current season-ticket holders have rights to buy tickets to Hamilton. Though they have to buy next year's season-ticket and have the opportunity to buy one or two additional Hamilton tickets. A friend of mine who is a season-ticket holder told me about this when Hamilton was announced.

Well, current season ticket holders will have the first rights to buy additional tickets to Hamilton, but the fact that they will likely have a limit, coupled with the fact that there will be 32 performances ... it seems logical that there will be tickets available for non-season ticket holders.

That said, it'll still be ridiculously difficult to come by tickets, and they're going to be crazy expensive.

I have a season ticket holder friend who has promised me one of her additional ticket opportunities, but if I can't get a ticket for a reasonable price, I'll go with my original plan of waiting a decade or two to catch this show.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:58 PM

259 posts, read 243,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
if I can't get a ticket for a reasonable price, I'll go with my original plan of waiting a decade or two to catch this show.
I love your plan and intend to copy it!

Old 04-29-2018, 07:06 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
It's going to be ridiculously hard and expensive to get tickets for Hamilton. They're only going to have a few tickets for those performances due to season ticket holders. What tickets they will have should go on sale sometime this summer and be gone probably the day of sale.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:32 PM

202 posts, read 173,944 times
Hamilton is one of those we'll wait a few years down the road, take a 90 min flight to LGA and make a NYC night out of it... I mean, it's not even worth trying to get tickets.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:42 AM

754 posts, read 1,693,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
It's going to be ridiculously hard and expensive to get tickets for Hamilton. They're only going to have a few tickets for those performances due to season ticket holders. What tickets they will have should go on sale sometime this summer and be gone probably the day of sale.
Not sure why this misinformation keeps getting spread and most of the time it's spread with venom on social media. Season ticket holders only get access to the first week of the show (8 performances during the first Tues-Sun Nov 6-11) and as hertfordshire mentioned, there will be 32 total performances over the course of a month.

In regards to season ticket holders buying extras, this is the official statement from DPAC:

-----------
AS A SEASON SEAT MEMBER, HOW DO I PURCHASE ADDITIONAL TICKETS TO HAMILTON?

At this time, we do not have information regarding how many, if any, extra tickets Season Seat Members will be able to purchase to HAMILTON over and above their season seats.

-----------

Honestly, I'd be surprised if extra ticket purchases are allowed at all given demand and public pressure.

If you are still shut out of tickets during the general sale, blame scalpers, bots, and crazy demand for a theatre that only holds a 2712, not season ticket holders. That's how tickets to popular events work.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:55 AM

430 posts, read 626,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
Honestly, I'd be surprised if extra ticket purchases are allowed at all given demand and public pressure.
I'd be surprised if season ticket holders don't get to buy some extra tickets just because they're the bread and butter of the theater's finances. If I had to guess they'll get to buy one extra ticket for each season seat... which will still leave two weeks worth of tickets for the non-subscribing public.

At least I hope that's how it works since, I admit, I'm a season ticket holder.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:56 AM

6,654 posts, read 5,589,525 times
I looked on StubHub a few months ago and Hamilton tickets in Charlotte were going for $600+

Old 04-30-2018, 08:09 AM

754 posts, read 1,693,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel_Dent View Post
I'd be surprised if season ticket holders don't get to buy some extra tickets just because they're the bread and butter of the theater's finances. If I had to guess they'll get to buy one extra ticket for each season seat... which will still leave two weeks worth of tickets for the non-subscribing public.

At least I hope that's how it works since, I admit, I'm a season ticket holder.
I'm with you because not only bread and butter but because of the crazy price increase this year for the season. That being said, they don't need us to sell out Hamilton. They have all the leverage. Also with the way they make it easy to unload unused tickets and pick our exact price/profit on the DPAC Ticket Exchange (if you haven't used it, it's the Sell Items button and tickets go live on the TM website), I fear they'd just be enabling more TM-approved scalping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary