Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yay! Bring It On! 77 83.70%
Nay! Stay Away! 15 16.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 07:57 AM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Apple, yes. Amazon, no.
Judging from the two polls, this seems to be the sentiment of the masses as well.

I voted yes in this one, but did not vote in the other. If I had to choose one, I'd take Apple over Amazon. Not sure why, I think maybe because the impact of both would be big, but Apple a little more in line with what this area could absorb.

But as I've said, whatever will be, will be. I'll roll with it. If they both come, and housing prices and taxes go through the roof, then fine. I'll cash out and move to the hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 08:04 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,896,607 times
Yay

Old 05-24-2018, 08:34 AM

61 posts, read 50,907 times
I'm generally opposed to any large company moving here at the moment.

We have not caught up with the growth the area already has had. We have schools over capacity and capped, traffic bottlenecks, unfinished highways, etc.

When we catch up on all that, then maybe add employers that bring thousands of new jobs/people.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:40 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,690,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyfortytwo View Post

We have not caught up with the growth the area already has had. We have schools over capacity and capped, traffic bottlenecks, unfinished highways, etc.

When we catch up on all that, then maybe add employers that bring thousands of new jobs/people.
That really never happens. Just about any metro area is going to have constant, ongoing construction to accommodate new growth.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:23 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,238,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I don't understand - a week ago news outlets were saying the Apple deal was as good as done. Has something changed that I don't know about? Just crappy reporting?
No not crappy reporting. The NCGA needs to pass an incentives bill that I posted previously. That was the major hang up.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:24 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,238,312 times
Quote:

LOL, that will never happen with any decent-sized city.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:40 AM

9,141 posts, read 14,715,987 times
Quote:

Well, let’s be honest, given your username, you are more of a part of the problem than most people out there, unless you work somewhere in the Cleveland area near exit 312 off I-40 and never drive anywhere else.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:22 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,476,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
LOL, that will never happen with any decent-sized city.
If the cities stamp out bribes and make these losers pay for the damage they cause, they will find another area than ours to destroy.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:29 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 22 days ago)

43,176 posts, read 76,826,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
If the cities stamp out bribes and make these losers pay for the damage they cause, they will find another area than ours to destroy.
You've never heard of "Apple?" "Losers?"
LOLOLOLOL

Old 05-27-2018, 09:44 AM

715 posts, read 886,150 times
Better fit for the area I think...wish we won the Toyota plant that would have been nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary