Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 10:42 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallTucker View Post
You can defend Pit Bulls if you would like. The facts are on my side. They are the most dangerous popular breed and it isn't close. They kil/injure more than any other breed in the USA.
Its not me - you are at odds with most experts. The American Bar Association, American Kennel Club, American Veterinary Medical Association, American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior, CDC, National Animal Control Association, National Canine Research Council, US DOJ, US HUD all disagree with your position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 10:53 AM

205 posts, read 182,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallTucker View Post
You can defend Pit Bulls if you would like. The facts are on my side. They are the most dangerous popular breed and it isn't close. They kil/injure more than any other breed in the USA.
Except pit bull isnt a breed so what were you saying?

Old 07-02-2018, 11:01 AM

76 posts, read 75,025 times
American Pit Bull Terrier is a breed iirc. There are are 3 or 4 others breeds that are generally considered Pits by most. I am done with this. Keep thinking that pit bulls don't attack/kill more than any other dog. You would would be wrong.

Old 07-02-2018, 11:42 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Can we at least agree that SOME dogs are dangerous and should not be unsupervised around children or other pets?

Old 07-02-2018, 01:55 PM

13,705 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Can we at least agree that SOME dogs are dangerous and should not be unsupervised around children or other pets?
Yeah, its ridiculous.

OP asked a very reasonable, simple question.
Are there municipal breed restrictions in the area? No there aren't. And was advised some rental properties do have such restrictions, which she likely already knew since its pretty commonplace across the country from what I gather, but was again helpful.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:59 PM

There are good reasons to not allow specific dogs. I had a neighbor whose dog destroyed their kitchen. Chewed on everything. Maybe a neglected or nervous dog.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:29 PM

748 posts, read 1,375,366 times
Quote:
There are good reasons to not allow specific dogs. I had a neighbor whose dog destroyed their kitchen. Chewed on everything. Maybe a neglected or nervous dog.
Any breed of dog can be neglected or nervous. This makes no sense. But okay...

Old 07-02-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
Any breed of dog can be neglected or nervous. This makes no sense. But okay...
I didn't say specific breed. I said specific dog. As in a very specific pet. Would you rent to someone with a dog that had a history of chewing on everything? I wouldn't without a big deposit.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:41 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
I didn't say specific breed. I said specific dog. As in a very specific pet. Would you rent to someone with a dog that had a history of chewing on everything? I wouldn't without a big deposit.
For a $179 online fee it becomes an emotional support animal and you must accept it and cannot charge a separate fee.

It would suck to be a landlord these days.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
For a $179 online fee it becomes an emotional support animal and you must accept it and cannot charge a separate fee.

It would suck to be a landlord these days.
You charge them the same deposit as anyone else. And you include in the lease that damages are taken out of the deposit. Support animal or not, it doesn't give them the right to damage the property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary