Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 02:49 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,258,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I think your discussion was in line with what others were saying. Lately, I've noticed that when someone disagrees with you, they are allowed to disrespect you and your post.

It wasn't always like that but some folks just prefer the negative approach. Also, some think that just because it is their opinion, it is the only correct way.
One thing that's great about the Triangle forum is people state their opinions and there's a lot of discussion around it. For the most part it's civil. Go to any other local forums and they're all pretty boring - I'll take this any day.

Where was anyone disrespectful in this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 03:27 PM

121 posts, read 107,188 times
I just sold my FSBO a month or so ago. Kinda. I live on a street that is very desirable in a town that is currently on fire anyway.

But- we had been approached about selling our house by many of our friends that were realtors when they got wind we were moving (a few had clients that had been waiting years for the right house on our street to pop up).

My husband took one Friday afternoon and showed all three families. All three made offers over asking (one was all cash by a guy who apparently had his eye on our property for a while so he came in ready).

But.....we then turned it over to realtor. We found out our relocation company required it and paid for it- but I have to say I am SO glad that we had him.

For one he was the middle man on everything. When the buyer started pushing for things that we didn't want to include he handled it all. Also I was very emotional about leaving the house so it helped to not have to deal with it all. I could concentrate on moving forward. He handled closing which we didn't even have to be there for and I was able to get the kids and dogs down to NC before the big moving truck came so they didn't have to see all that and I didn't have to see my house empty. My husband did stay behind for movers but left before closing.

This is the 2nd house we have sold FSBO. But honestly it is SO nice to turn it over to someone else. Especially if you are emotionally invested. The other three we have sold we used a realtor.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:38 PM

121 posts, read 107,188 times
I forgot to add that I did take a lot of pics and created a FB page and we planned to do an open house so I announced that on our local "moms" board page on FB. We knew we would have a lot of lookie loos and I was absolutely dreading that. But- ended up canceling the open house when we showed it the night before to the families from the realtors who assured us that their buyers were coming ready to buy.
And no- it would not have gone for more if we had used the realtor from the beginning. There were no comps for what I wanted for it. Our neighbors are shocked and jumping up and down for what we got for it. As our we.

Good luck OP. If you don't mind the hassle and your area is super hot then go for it. I'm a bit of real estate junky- like to buy crappy houses and fix them up. But I still can't imagine if had stuck to our original plan to sell it ourselves. It's a lot of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary