Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 10:26 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times

Advertisements

I like In & Out - not sure that I would fly across the country to eat it but if I'm on the West Coast, it's a solid fast food choice!

Now what's overrated and overpriced is Shake Shack.....

Everyone has different food preferences. I took a friend of mine (also mid-20s like me) to Pompieri Pizza in Durham and he didn't appreciate it the way that I did (he'd probably prefer just to pay a few bucks at Cici's). Fair enough, different people value different things food-wise whether it's the quality of food, quantity of food/value/price, experience etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 05:39 AM

FYI the delay is apparently due to the fact they still haven't gotten all their inspections wrapped up yet.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:01 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
What Diner's do you frequent around the Triangle? I am not aware many places around here that are actually real diners. Sure we have some counter restaurants with the word "Diner" in their name, but they aren't really Diners.
Theres not many. Metro Diner is pretty good and reasonably priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetwater88 View Post
The oldest Millennial are now almost 40 years old and with quite a few of them starting to send off their kids to college--you just sound grumpy. If you're under the age of 18 you're not a millennial but an undefined future majority.

Overcooked eggs and mass-produced nitrate-filled pork products just doesn't cut it these days--that is why diner are not as popular.
The oldest millennials are 36-37 and im a little younger than that. I guess some might send kids off to college if they had them when they were in high school.. It was from 1981-1992 which means the youngest are 22, and many of them have student loan debt. In fact millennials are carrying most of the $1.2 trillion in debt. Look it up.

Im grumpy because hipster restaurants serve mediocre food for too much money? Nice try Lots of those restaurants you are sticking up for serve nitrates in their food, and not even sure why it relevant anyway.... Metro Diner stays very busy. Watkins grill is a hole in the wall diner and they always have people in their parking lot. Diners seem to do fine here because there are so few.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:12 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
mwah mwah.....

On the one hand you mention that it hasn't even opened while questioning a positive reaction. On the other hand you make a critical comment about the space.
call it a question, since answered by the op, of "how is it better than expected"? I expected it to be full of a variety of places whenever it opened. As to the quality of the experience, that has to wait until it opens, and hopefully after more than an initial assault that invariably occurs on something new and different.

As to the "critical comment" about it looking narrow, that was in response to the 2nd part of the first post ... "Any thoughts?" Yes, I think it looks too narrow o hold a large crowd.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
It's simple. If you don't like the price points, don't go. If you don't like the food offerings, don't go. If you don't like the culture or customer base, don't go.

I can guarantee you there are more than enough happy people who will patronize this place and I am one of them.
which will be the first stand to go belly up?

Old 07-16-2018, 01:40 PM

since it's delayed so much, one might ponder the idea of it being NOT as good as expected. If one wanted to. I'll just wait till Niall can show us the money.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:18 PM

To no surprise, the preview event I was going to go to for Morgan Street this weekend got moved back to August.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:55 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Now what's overrated and overpriced is Shake Shack....

yup..

Old 08-20-2018, 09:10 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Morgan Street Food Hall is now OPEN.

https://www.wral.com/morgan-street-f...oors/17776336/

Old 08-20-2018, 09:30 AM

845 posts, read 1,687,816 times
I see a few possibilities there that might interest us... but as we will do with the new Wegman's once it opens... we will wait six months before trying to wade out way in (we come from Wegman's country and know of what we speak!) As for the now perennial Shake Shack vs. In 'n Out... I have not tried shakes at either but I find Shake Shack's burgers to have a slight edge in quality for my taste and burger size preferences, but they are a tad higher in price. I'm not an aficionado of fries and can offer no useful opinion. I only tried Five Guys once - years ago at an airport location. I found it to be a fairly generous burger but very greasy - as were the fries. My wife tried it - again at an airport - last month. She had the same prior experience as I did, but said it wasn't greasy this time around. Maybe they have changed their approach?

When all is said and done - these are all fast food or glorified fast food chains. It's easy to find a local place with better burgers and fries, although the burger will be bigger and pricier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary