Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 03:44 PM

179 posts, read 151,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Austin wins the STD Incidence Race, so the Army figured the ground work was already in place and they can ramp up typical Interpersonal Infrastructure more efficiently?
They've proven adept at laying their own groundwork whenever existing infrastructure isn't already in place. if needed, they can whip out the "big C" (Corp of Engineers) and git 'er done. It may be a dirty job, but someone's got to do it, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 03:42 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,684 times
So aren't the reasons for the choice of Austin over here the same selling points for the Army, Apple, and AMZ?

Was it the tax factor that pushed it over. From what I heard on the radio it was QOL and COL for how they based the decision. More things I thought were this area's selling points.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:17 PM

1,228 posts, read 796,214 times
I am sad that Raleigh wasn’t chosen, but don’t begrudge Austin, TX a bit for the Army’s decision. It looks like an excellent choice. It my understanding that they will occupy several floors in a Texas state building, which is located just smack between the state Capitol building and the UT campus. It’s a great building for their needs, and looks easy to secure. It will definitely attract great and patriotic talent. It is also a great midpoint between the Bullis/Ft. Sam complexes in San Antonio and Ft. Hood in Killeen with III Corps and 1stCav. And still striking distance from the Corps of Cadets and academic resources of A&M in College Station. This command will be charged with figuring out how to advance our army strike capabilities with new tech, the kind of strategic stuff needed to outmaneuver any future opponents. I can’t wait to see what they come up with. I’m sure our soldiers at Bragg can’t wait as well... they never like to play second fiddle in blowing stuff up with new toys...

Raleigh can play bridesmaid on this one. I just hope she can catch the Apple bouquet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary