Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 01:21 PM

225 posts, read 215,511 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of of trusting realtors who look for homes to rent?
I need to find a home in the coming months near/around the Northern Raleigh or Wake Forest, around Falls of Neuse, Capital, or Six Forks.
Need to get out of the apartment complex I am in near the end of the year because I got no place else to go, but the prices keep going up and management is getting very... abusive.
Got any personal experiences with some realtors? Be best if none charger during the searching process.
Thanks.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:02 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,089,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThySeeker View Post
Does anyone know of of trusting realtors who look for homes to rent?
I need to find a home in the coming months near/around the Northern Raleigh or Wake Forest, around Falls of Neuse, Capital, or Six Forks.
Need to get out of the apartment complex I am in near the end of the year because I got no place else to go, but the prices keep going up and management is getting very... abusive.
Got any personal experiences with some realtors? Be best if none charger during the searching process.
Thanks.
Realtors don't usually handle rentals like they would a person trying to buy a house and if you're renting because you want to keep on renting and not temporarily because you will be buying one day (and you do not sound like a person in the market to buy some day, since you have been here a long time and have not done it yet), I would doubt many realtors would be interested in giving you the type of service you want.

Now, you can find some places where they have rentals and will help you find one, but that's going to be property management firms that are also brokerages.

The easiest way to find a house for rent is to search all the online rental sites you can find for this area and see if any are in your price bracket.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:32 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,565,631 times
What’s your budget? And what are your requirements? That may help us recommend options since realtors don’t tend to do rentals here. When we lived in other large cities they did but to the tune of a fee of one month’s rent.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:03 AM

202 posts, read 172,617 times
We could not find a realtor to assist us with finding a rental house. Most wouldn't even show up, the one we found sent us a code to view the house on our own... and we dealt with the PM company to rent it. Renting a house here is not a great experience, but necessary sometimes for the first year...

Old 08-06-2018, 08:23 AM

16,346 posts, read 12,326,172 times
The only times I've heard of a realtor assisting with finding rentals is if the client is someone looking for a short-term rental while looking to buy or build a home, and using that realtor's services.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:54 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,150,897 times
Many of the NEW Realtors WILL help you find a rental, in hopes that you will buy a home from them, one day.

In other areas, Realtors get paid 1 month's rent to help renters find a home. In this area, Realtors get paid $100 or $200.

You may want to try to call a Realty office. The Realtor answering the phone is usually one of the newer agents and you may find someone to help you.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:41 AM

60 posts, read 118,152 times
Realtors don't have access to rental listings which is one of the main reasons we don't handle rentals. Property managers only have access to their own listings. There is a limited number of listings in the MLS but many PMs aren't members of the MLS. So to work with rentals we would have to go through the usual resources: Craigslist, etc. You can also try Raleigh, NC :: Apartments and Houses | Raleigh Rent, https://www.durhamrent.com/ and https://www.chapelhillrent.com/,

Old 08-10-2018, 05:42 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,207,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnhayes View Post
Realtors don't have access to rental listings which is one of the main reasons we don't handle rentals. Property managers only have access to their own listings. There is a limited number of listings in the MLS but many PMs aren't members of the MLS. So to work with rentals we would have to go through the usual resources: Craigslist, etc. You can also try Raleigh, NC :: Apartments and Houses | Raleigh Rent, https://www.durhamrent.com/ and https://www.chapelhillrent.com/,
You mean you'd actually have to put in a little work?

I'm guessing from a financial standpoint it doesn't make much sense to put rentals in the MLS, otherwise people would. It's really not that hard to research other aggregates.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:29 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,092,745 times
If you have a good relationship with a Realtor, they'll put your rental in the MLS for a pittance. For whatever reason - right or wrong - most PM companies don't put their rentals in MLS, even if they're members.

It is quite true that < 50% of the available homes can be found on MLS. Most can be found on MLS+Apartments.com+Hotpads+Craigslist+Zillow. Many individual landlords don't bother more than a sign out front. If there's a great source I didn't mention (an unfilled hole), I'd love to know because it would help me help my rental clients.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:14 PM

225 posts, read 215,511 times
I will look into some of these. The thing is on Craigs I have found myself spending more time hiding fakes off the bat, and then ones that look okay to contact and I send an email, end up removed the next day.
On other sites like Zillow they are not very customizeable and such to what I am trying to find, but I have been looking at them still. Most of the time I find nothing even within 50 miles of my requirements.
I just know not everyone is going to post on every site out there and I spend a lot of time looking from site to site when I would figure someone in the business has complete listings of their own to bring in customers. Heck, took me 16 months some years back to get to where I am now by spending so much time online looking for a place to fit my needs.
Guess my thinking is not the same as others.
Thanks for suggestions posted here. Will look into them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary