Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 07:10 AM

22,664 posts, read 36,760,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
It was a bumble match. Swipe right never burnt me so bad.

Let's just say I have systems in place Though this is the first time I'd ever actually used it.
You're a few years older than my nephew but he's met a few doozies too.

back on topic....last place I ate out was Abbey Road in Apex, it was very good. REALLY liked their boneless wings. Definitely a "bar atmosphere" but the patrons all seem happy, at least at dinnertime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 07:11 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Got told to sit up straight and walk slower on more than one occasion (this is the first time I had ever met this person)

Found out she'd been engaged and broke it off twice.....in the past year.

Also the griping of the politics of the town we were in was pretty tired. "I love the basketball team but hate the politics of this town!". "If a crazy person was running down Franklin street all of these snowflakes would get picked off and none of them would stop him because they don't believe in carrying guns themselves"... Ok then.

I picked up the the whole tab as I always do.....and then my friend "randomly" called me to ask me to pick him up at the airport because his wife just couldn't make it

The burger and beer at CB were tasty as always though.
Oh, damn. At least your food was good, though.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:26 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,581,696 times
Recently went to Over the Falls in wake forest and it was amazing with flights of fruit infused bourbon.

Also love Farm Table up there.

Gonza is our favorite for Mexican, preferably the N Raleigh location. Carne tacos and queso, yum!

Old 08-16-2018, 08:08 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,031 times
We’ve been frequenting Shuckin' Shack (Cary Pkwy location) quite a bit. Beer is always cold, shrimp and oysters are fresh, and the servers are absolute sweethearts to our two little kids. Comfortable spot for us.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:15 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,705,470 times
Brigs, north Raleigh, for breakfast. Been meeting a friend there once a week for 25 years.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:43 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Brigs, north Raleigh, for breakfast. Been meeting a friend there once a week for 25 years.
Can't be better than Big Eds. Just...can't.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:37 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,705,470 times
"Better" is a personal judgment but Brigs is very good unless you're fixated on traditional South and nothing else will do. Besides, Brigs is closer to our homes. They know us and we know them. Big Ed's North didn't exist when we started, and at the time we needed a place on our way to work in RTP.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:58 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
"Better" is a personal judgment but Brigs is very good unless you're fixated on traditional South and nothing else will do. Besides, Brigs is closer to our homes. They know us and we know them. Big Ed's North didn't exist when we started, and at the time we needed a place on our way to work in RTP.
I'm originally from the north, but am not sure I have found better grits than Big Eds. Spring Cafe is a close second, maybe.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:08 AM

6,651 posts, read 5,579,409 times
Went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch today - $5 restaurant week special (also went to Manhattan Cafe downtown for lunch earlier in the week for their salads)

Old 08-16-2018, 11:14 AM

459 posts, read 372,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch today - $5 restaurant week special (also went to Manhattan Cafe downtown for lunch earlier in the week for their salads)

$5 for two shrimp bao sandwiches are a total steal at Tonbo Ramen in Downtown Raleigh just be prepare to wait for your order. They're really good btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary