Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 05:42 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times

Advertisements

We had lunch at The Pit today, after checking out the model train exhibit at Raleigh's Union Station, a tour of Videri Chocolate, and an hour of arcade games at the Box Car.

I was really disappointed with The Pit. It has been a few years since we've been there, and this was our first time for lunch.
The service was very good, but our food could have been warmed up leftovers. The biscuits were stale, my son's BBQ pork was tough and parts could not be eaten, and my $9 pulled pork sandwich was barely larger than a "slider". For 4 people (1 off the kids' menu) the bill came to $50, pre-tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 07:27 PM

888 posts, read 804,898 times
We need to highlight the don't go to the pit thread from a few weeks ago so others avoid it

Old 12-29-2018, 07:33 PM

269 posts, read 321,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Several German themed places have come and gone in Cary, none last very long.
I think one of the problems is that they haven't been very good! Would love to have something like the Waldhorn down in Pineville, but know the odds are against it.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:10 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coffee View Post
I think one of the problems is that they haven't been very good! Would love to have something like the Waldhorn down in Pineville, but know the odds are against it.
J Betski's in Raleigh is quite good if you've never been

Old 12-30-2018, 09:28 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Agree. The one at Harrison Pointe was lousy! The other one, Bavarian Brat House on Tryon and Cary Pkwy, I never went to it, but it was supposed to have good food. I think their location was only so-so, but if I recall correctly, they had some "business problems" or something else than food that did them in.

I remember them from when they were in Carthage, and Bob Garner had a food-gasm over their pork knuckle, which had to be ordered a day in advance. Couldn't find the exact episode, but this probably contains it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YArHr_sIJxQ

Old 12-30-2018, 01:42 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Sort of related, but recently I've been noticing several restaurants in Durham that are participating in the living wage project - a step in the right direction.

Durham Living Wage

List of employers participating: Who pays a living wage? - Durham Living Wage
Thanks for posting this, I will certainly favor those who do this. I wasn't able to find one for the Raleigh area.

Old 12-30-2018, 01:45 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Tried out The Lost Cajun on their opening day today. They give you a sample of all their entrees when you are looking at the menu. The soups could use some bigger pieces of proteins (shrimp, crawfish, chicken) but everything tasted very good. A nice new dining option in north Raleigh!
This is welcome news, have not been entirely happy with some visits to the RDT Big East, the only other Cajun I know.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:49 PM

455 posts, read 918,519 times
Quote:
Interesting to hear they are revamping again. I've only been there for their Sunday brunch buffet, and noticed the quality fell off after their last name change.

When I saw this news, I looked it up and was surprised to see that Rocky Top Hospitality/Dean Ogen had sold the restaurants (Dean's Kitchen and Bar and Twisted Fork) back in late 2017. Surprised they kept the name Dean's so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary