U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,145 times

Advertisements

I've seen a lot of older threads here. The Raleigh Train Station is now $140,000,000 better. Cary doesn't get the state's tax dollars the way Raleigh does. If you want to see something magnificent go out of Raleigh. It's a site to be seen - similar to the NCMOA's $150,000,000 building that houses the Rodin sculpture collection (The world's largest at that). In any case, don't sell a $140Mil investment short and try to leave out of a lesser station - this is a great station. I'll come back and post once I've taken my first trip out of this downtown Raleigh station (it's next to CAM Raleigh and the Dillon). The Dillon rents for up to $4k/month for an apartment and is well worth visiting if you have time. The 12th floor (or thereabouts) has a magnificent 270 degree view of downtown and hosts about 500+ people for parties on that floor.
[url]https://ncartmuseum.org/art/view/rodin[/url]
[url=http://camraleigh.org/about/]About | CAM Raleigh[/url]

CAM Raleigh is holding an amazing Basketball Collection of 13 artists from around the world starting October 4th (grand opening) and lasting until the end of February 2019 (10/4 is also the opening of the CANES season in Raleigh at the PNC Arena next to NC State's football stadium). Taking the train to Raleigh is a great way to see these amazing features of the city. The City of Raleigh is installing a temporary series of art through out the city (the first one went in at the beginning of September and in on Peace street - find others with google). Many other museums to see too. Your tax dollars at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 06:18 AM

1,288 posts, read 722,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymay View Post
I've seen a lot of older threads here. The Raleigh Train Station is now $140,000,000 better. Cary doesn't get the state's tax dollars the way Raleigh does. If you want to see something magnificent go out of Raleigh.

And if you want to park your car for free, go out of Cary.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:30 AM

260 posts, read 166,640 times
Raleigh Union Station, is a train station designed by people who don't take trains.

If that area of Raleigh becomes a transit hub, I'm sure some of the decisions made will a lot more sense. Until then, Cary Durham have more conveniences for train travelers.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:32 AM

4,567 posts, read 2,940,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muvonga View Post
Raleigh Union Station, is a train station designed by people who don't take trains.

If that area of Raleigh becomes a transit hub, I'm sure some of the decisions made will a lot more sense. Until then, Cary Durham have more conveniences for train travelers.
they're planning to build a bus terminal next to the station connecting to all the bus rapid transit routes that will be built in Wake County. Kimley-Horn, an engineering consultant in the area, is in the process of doing a downtown transportation plan to figure out how to make that area the main transit hub downtown.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:42 AM

5,134 posts, read 3,671,257 times
I could look this up but I'm being lazy - is there a frequent train out of Cary to Downtown Raleigh?

Old 09-11-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I could look this up but I'm being lazy - is there a frequent train out of Cary to Downtown Raleigh?
8:08 AM, 9:47 AM, 1:23 PM, 6:08 PM, and 9:53 PM are the current trips ($6 each way). You'll have to wait for commuter rail to get any significant increase in trips (hopefully GoTriangle partners with Amtrak to allow commuters to travel on Amtrak trains as well)

Old 09-11-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
8:08 AM, 9:47 AM, 1:23 PM, 6:08 PM, and 9:53 PM are the current trips ($6 each way). You'll have to wait for commuter rail to get any significant increase in trips (hopefully GoTriangle partners with Amtrak to allow commuters to travel on Amtrak trains as well)
That's cool I didn't know that - would be a little pricey to take the fam though. Kids would like it once in a while though. Do you know if that schedule is weekends too?

Old 09-11-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
That's cool I didn't know that - would be a little pricey to take the fam though. Kids would like it once in a while though. Do you know if that schedule is weekends too?
I think that schedule is daily. You can always take the train one way and then take the #300 bus back from Raleigh (https://gotriangle.org/sites/default..._route_300.pdf)

Old 09-11-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I think that schedule is daily. You can always take the train one way and then take the #300 bus back from Raleigh (https://gotriangle.org/sites/default..._route_300.pdf)
Thanks

Old 09-11-2018, 08:12 AM

8,569 posts, read 12,665,533 times
Quote:
Children are 1/2 price. So it would be $6 for an adult and $3 for a child. It's only one child fare per adult, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or