Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 07:52 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmasek73 View Post
I do find it funny that the Dems have to get their voting marching orders at the full on table set up before you get past the line where they can't campaign. Do people not think for themselves these days? They were straight up handing out filled out sample ballot to take in with you.
The republicans and libertarians do this also. At least in years past. That's why I ignore them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 07:53 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
I do find it funny that the Dems have to get their voting marching orders at the full on table set up before you get past the line where they can't campaign. Do people not think for themselves these days? They were straight up handing out filled out sample ballot to take in with you.
Do you think the Republicans never do this? Both parties do it. Very common.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:03 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
Waited 26 min. today to vote in Cary.
Low-info folks standing in line listened to a non-affiliated Judge candidate who was quite personable.
Massive amounts of glossy brochures handed out, then soon tossed out.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:42 PM

464 posts, read 1,043,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Do you think the Republicans never do this? Both parties do it. Very common.
If you say so. The only ones with this setup were full on Democrats at the Wake Forest location. I do not think I have ever seen a Republican table setup in all honesty in all the years I have been voting in NC.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
If you say so. The only ones with this setup were full on Democrats at the Wake Forest location. I do not think I have ever seen a Republican table setup in all honesty in all the years I have been voting in NC.
Then you haven’t been looking. They might not have had a table (I rarely see tables) but they have had voter guides.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:02 AM

872 posts, read 1,015,449 times
Apparently high voter turnout is a thing for most of North Carolina right now: Early Voting Numbers Are High In NC | WUNC

Old 10-25-2018, 06:29 AM

22,666 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Waited 26 min. today to vote in Cary.
Low-info folks standing in line listened to a non-affiliated Judge candidate who was quite personable.
Massive amounts of glossy brochures handed out, then soon tossed out.
The electioneering right outside polling places makes me crazy here. I have probably never said anything was better in NY, but when the closest you can hand out brochures to a polling place is 100 from the front door, they don't even bother. It is quite nice to walk into a polling place unimpeded. I miss it.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:02 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The electioneering right outside polling places makes me crazy here. I have probably never said anything was better in NY, but when the closest you can hand out brochures to a polling place is 100 from the front door, they don't even bother. It is quite nice to walk into a polling place unimpeded. I miss it.
I roll in with the, "Don't bother me stinkeye," and I don't get bothered.
Sometimes I need to raise a talktothehand, but not very often.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:11 AM

5,321 posts, read 3,204,475 times
So this may be the dumb question of the day but...

Do the early polling locations have ballots for every jurisdiction? I know that there is an item on the ballot specific to Holly Springs - will this be available at all polling locations?

Thanks!

Old 10-25-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
So this may be the dumb question of the day but...

Do the early polling locations have ballots for every jurisdiction? I know that there is an item on the ballot specific to Holly Springs - will this be available at all polling locations?

Thanks!
They have all the available ballots at every polling location. You check in and they give you a piece of paper to take to the next table. At that table, they scan that paper, and it tells them what ballot to give you.

You can go to the voter lookup and find your sample ballot and have a copy with you. It will have the number of your ballot in the upper right hand corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary