Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 08:47 AM

138 posts, read 119,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nearly, not exclusively. Also depends which part you're in. The one on the other side of Carpenter Fire Station is tract, as are parts of the neighborhood directly across from its entrance on the other side of the road in the main section of CV.

But, yeah... plenty of CV is custom.

I think CV's a better location, plane noise aside.

Is upright builder considered custom builder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 09:28 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTISD View Post
Absolutely!

Old 11-06-2018, 09:32 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTISD View Post
Quote:
Absolutely!
Ditto. Yup.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Nearly, not exclusively. Also depends which part you're in. The one on the other side of Carpenter Fire Station is tract, as are parts of the neighborhood directly across from its entrance on the other side of the road in the main section of CV.

But, yeah... plenty of CV is custom.

I think CV's a better location, plane noise aside.
Oh, yeah.... I never think of the McCarr development at Legacy when talking about Carpenter Village.
They even have their own pool, and are not platted as a phase of CV.

"Glommed Onto" the CV name without involvement, like Drees did at Georgetowne at Preston, I think.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:39 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Oh, yeah.... I never think of the McCarr development at Legacy when talking about Carpenter Village.
They even have their own pool, and are not platted as a phase of CV.

"Glommed Onto" the CV name without involvement, like Drees did at Georgetowne at Preston, I think.
Drees did those? I knew they were tract, but didn't know they were Drees. And, then you have Sunstar/Lennar having done Preston Oaks across Cary Parkway, too.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:32 PM

40 posts, read 43,357 times
I lived in Kitts Creek for three years and loved it. Very quiet neighborhood, super convenient, nice amenities, and awesome neighbors. I still miss it a year after leaving.

Old 06-24-2021, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 365 times
I am a resident of Kitts's Creek. The HOA is very threatening and hostile about everything they do. The contracted full-time property manager is verbally abusive and rude and does not reside in the neighborhood. Working with the committees to get approval on modifications can take months as they make escalating demands outside of the stated rules and requirements.

The HOA demands you show up at a hearing about a vague violation at a specific appointment time chosen by them. You wait for more than an hour before they finally get to you. Your emails asking what the issue are usually ignored. They do not follow the process they outline to you as their procedure.

The HOA recently decided to severely limit garden boxes to allow only specific, restricted, areas behind the house. Even if you want a garden in an area that is not visible from the front, sides, or back they will not allow it. It must be a very specific area and a certain size regardless of your yard size and home layout.

They are trying to remove privacy fences in the neighborhood. Some are pretending this is a safety issue because people drive too fast in alleyways and a fence might block visibilty. The reality is that the HOA wants to be able to see into yards and catch violations and they don't want you to have any outdoor privacy. Some neighbors are envious that others can use their yard or porch area in privacy. They want to be able to look in.

Other than the HOA being the "Waffen SS", Kitts Creek is perfect in every other regard.

Old 06-25-2021, 05:13 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Why people live in HOA neighborhoods is beyond me.

Old 06-25-2021, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Why people live in HOA neighborhoods is beyond me.

Newer construction.
Community amenities right down the street, particularly swimming and swim teams.
55+. Amenities on steroids.
A sense of order.
Location, Location, Location.
School assignments.
Building and grounds maintenance, particularly but not limited to townhomes or condos.

And, little of this matters to me. Never lived in or cared to live in a neighborhood with an HOA. But, plenty of people never give it a second thought. Some specify they WANT an HOA after experiences with their communities.
I only get a client who says, "No HOA," every couple of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary