Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 01:43 PM

703 posts, read 780,163 times

Advertisements

I was on I40 between Harrison and US 1 today for the first time in quite awhile, and noticed the Drive Shack facility being well underway along the eastern side of the highway. I just visited their website, and it looks like they're planning to open in the spring. I hadn't seen anything posted here in quite some time.

That may turn out to be a pretty good location for them. Has anyone been to a Drive Shack, or does anyone know how it compares to a TopGolf? Obviously, they're similar in concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 01:45 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,270,100 times
Never been, but excited for it.

Old 11-21-2018, 02:57 PM

1,228 posts, read 797,390 times
I was reading a book about dinosaurs with my Kindergartener, and we got to the page on the Euoplocephalus. It was a large herbivore with thick scaly plates, spikes, and a large clubbed tail. After reading about about a bunch of other dinosaurs, including predatory carnivores like T-Rex, I asked my son why he thought it had developed the spikes and that clubbed tail. His response: “So it could play GOLF!” I have not laughed that hard in a long time...

Old 11-21-2018, 03:05 PM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
They picked an excellent location!

Old 11-21-2018, 03:33 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr3stripe View Post
I was on I40 between Harrison and US 1 today for the first time in quite awhile, and noticed the Drive Shack facility being well underway along the eastern side of the highway. I just visited their website, and it looks like they're planning to open in the spring. I hadn't seen anything posted here in quite some time.

That may turn out to be a pretty good location for them. Has anyone been to a Drive Shack, or does anyone know how it compares to a TopGolf? Obviously, they're similar in concept.
Haven't been to one as the company is a lot newer then Top golf but I expect it to be an almost identical experience.

Callaway backs TopGolf and Taylormade backs DriveShack so I expect the quality to be just as competitive when it comes to these "golf party venues" as it is between their golf products.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:42 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,069,542 times
Played at the TopGolf in STL when I was back recently, and it was a great time. Looking forward to Drive Shack.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:02 AM

368 posts, read 295,336 times
Can the Triangle support two similar venues so close together once TopGolf builds in Durham at Page Road/40? (Assuming they go through with their plans.)

Old 11-22-2018, 08:34 AM

703 posts, read 780,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficSys View Post
Can the Triangle support two similar venues so close together once TopGolf builds in Durham at Page Road/40? (Assuming they go through with their plans.)
Possibly not. There's nothing on the TopGolf site that indicates a "Coming Soon" location in North Carolina (https://topgolf.com/us/locations-by-state/ ). They may have scrapped any plans they had..

By the way, I did just find an article where a writer compared the two facilities - both in the Orlando area:
https://golfweek.com/2018/04/22/golf...s-drive-shack/

Old 11-28-2018, 04:40 AM

678 posts, read 738,072 times
Here's photos of the Drive Shack in Orlando for reference:

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/driv...ando-orlando-3

Old 11-28-2018, 04:45 AM

678 posts, read 738,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficSys View Post

Top Golf originally had plans to build a location at CTC, but the Cary NIMBY's ruined that. The silver lining is, that allowed an opening for Drive Shack to build its site off of I-40. A big tourist city like Orlando can support two of these facilities, but not the Raleigh area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary