Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 AM

75 posts, read 227,393 times

Advertisements

David Carroll Homes, Inc.

David is a custom builder. His homes are beautiful (lots of detail and craftsmenship). Most of all, he is a genuinely nice guy. I would reccommend him to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 05:32 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Kevin Reinert Homes.

Kevin was born and raised in Cary. His superintendent is as sharp as they come. Every sub he uses is excellent. They are fast, yet efficient and detail oriented. Calls to the office get answered right away. The business side of things is as you hope it would be.

The things that really set him apart are the small details that he pays more attention to than most other builders whose homes I have looked at. He will take a plan that most builders would just build "as-is" and make a handful of small tweaks and changes that totally transform the livability of the home. Things like door and window placement have a huge effect on a homeowner's options for furniture layout. When you walk into one of Kevin's homes there is never any head-scratching about where you would put things. To some people this may sound like a small thing, but I'm sure there are many of you who have tried to furnish a room and never gotten it to feel quite "right" because the proportions are a little bit off or there is a window or door in the way of the layout you'd like to have.

His wife is in charge of selections. I'm not sure how she does it, but when you walk into one of his spec homes, there is NEVER any thought about "I wonder who picked THAT color or THOSE cabinets". Everything makes sense. His homes look and feel more expensive than they are.

There are about a half-dozen local custom builders in my neighborhood. All of them build a great quality home, but none of them build homes that feel quite as nice as Kevin's.

Kevin was Warren's superintendant for a few years! Learn from the best!

Vicki

Old 08-29-2008, 05:43 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,526,534 times
Atlanta Basement Creations run by Michael Humin. We had our basement finished off last spring. We had the plans in our head and Michael took them and designed a beautiful second living area. He gave us a time frame of three months and finished a month ahead of time

Old 08-29-2008, 07:27 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,381 times
randall shirley.

Moderator cut: removed
He builds houses and does smaller projects too (finishing attics, bonus rooms, remodeling bathrooms, adding on, gut kitchens, etc)

He finished our 3rd floor and it is gorgeous. he's got great sub-contractors too.

Last edited by autumngal; 08-29-2008 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: no advertising or promoting please, ty

Old 08-30-2008, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,705 times
Please tell me where some of the Centex developments are in the Raleigh/Durham area?

Thank you!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:18 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,720 times
Centex

Centex Homes | New Homes in Raleigh, Durham, New Homes Builders, House Construction (http://www.centex.com/6EB7A1A39F824248A45795B43102AE3B.asp?ST=4&S=A - broken link)

Old 08-31-2008, 06:52 AM

12 posts, read 35,973 times
Legacy Custom Homes

We worked with Legacy to build a home ITB and they experience was fantastic. They have excellent communication and craftsmanship!

Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM

528 posts, read 935,342 times
I thought it would be good to revive this thread since things have changed a lot in the past few years. I'd like to know what builders people would recommend - particularly those who build in the $400K-$700K range.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:45 PM

170 posts, read 363,034 times
I just saw this thread. We had reward Builder build our home. Wayne Holt is the owner. A lot of builders make promises they don't keep. He was the opposite. He did everything he said he was going to do. He was on time for close and is now a neighbor. He is a cool dude that builds an awesome home. Im stingy with compliments but he earned it. If you go to reward builders website you will see he builds in several high end neighborhoods.

[Mod cut: No ad copy.]

Last edited by RedZin; 04-08-2013 at 04:48 PM..

Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Sacredgrooves homes.
OK, I am not in business to build homes yet, but one day I will build absolutely perfect homes with zero defects lol.
This might be a shocker, but Beazer built my house and actually did a very good job. I have inspected (on my own time) all the houses built in the neighborhood while mine was in process/lived in and they are consistently above average. I guess with the PR hit they took a couple years ago they had to get their act together or else. KB has followed the same line, they used to be pretty bad but really turned it around the last several years.
Centex remains my fave tract builder though.
And this is from a building inspector who really knows the industry. Thanks for your input!! I wish there were Centex Homes being built near me. We built one in FL (well, got underway but had to back out due to a job transfer) and it was a great deal, even with the upgrades (and granite was standard!). When I became seriously ill and then my husband got a job out of state, they were incredibly gracious about returning our deposit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary