Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 07:19 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
Reminds me of the worst road rage incident I ever encountered. Prius with peace stickers plastered all over the back window.

Haha yep. Typically my experience as well. The person who is protesting peace, love and happiness is wearing a mask holding a club and throwing rocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 10:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I see it both ways for sure. I saw a late model full size 4x4 truck recently with stickers covering the rear glass, tailgate and bumper. Some not so nice either
There's a big, white one around here that's pretty rude.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:32 PM

329 posts, read 249,732 times
Default I have one

I've got an old 90s Chevy truck that I use on my farm. Got several bumper stickers on it ranging from guns to abortion to anti-monsanto and anti-GMO stuff.

Got bullet casings from a Mosin in the door as decoration, and 9/10 times got some form of firearm in it.

Ain't got any dangly bits hanging from my trailer hitch though, that's for sure haha!

Old 01-08-2019, 08:41 PM

807 posts, read 688,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
I’ve also seen a Prius with a couple of Trump stickers on it before.
I remember leaving the SER Library in Garner a few years ago....happened to pull up behind a Prius, the driver of which was waiting for traffic to clear before turning out of the parking lot. I laughed when I saw a "Drill Here! Support Fracking in NC" bumper sticker in the rear window.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:31 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
This thread got me to thinking and apologies if already discussed, but has anyone else seen the confederate flag on High House Road (somewhere in-between Cary Pkwy and Maynard)? I saw it a couple months ago and it caught me off guard. There was also a "Please Recycle" sign on the property.

Could whoever lives there could be considered a "green-neck"?

Old 01-09-2019, 05:17 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,587,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
... has anyone else seen the confederate flag on High House Road ...
Perhaps you are referring to the Dreher residence at 759 High House Road in Cary.

Do a Google search on charles dreher cary nc and find many citations. He is known as a colorful character.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:30 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,475,743 times
The confederate flag in Cary has been talked about on these forums before.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...age-house.html

There’s a large one off of Interstate 95 right between Godwin and Wade in Cumberland County. I didn’t remember it being there a few years ago, so this one might have been more recent.

https://goo.gl/maps/5MEFUZbKudw

Old 01-09-2019, 08:51 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbmartin View Post
Perhaps you are referring to the Dreher residence at 759 High House Road in Cary.

Do a Google search on charles dreher cary nc and find many citations. He is known as a colorful character.

I think he has been in that house longer than most anyone here.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:14 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
The confederate flag in Cary has been talked about on these forums before.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...age-house.html

There’s a large one off of Interstate 95 right between Godwin and Wade in Cumberland County. I didn’t remember it being there a few years ago, so this one might have been more recent.

https://goo.gl/maps/5MEFUZbKudw
It hasn't been there long. The concrete is still curing around the base

Old 01-09-2019, 09:23 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,127,290 times
I saw more confederate flags in Western Pa over the Christmas break then I ever see here in the Garner/Raleigh area. Regardless of the historical relevance, most don't see it as "anti-African American" or "The South will Rise Again" type of statement. To them it's more a "Anti-Federal-government-don't-tread-on-me" type of attitude. Kinda gard to explain but that's the jist in it's usage it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary