Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 10:49 AM

1,422 posts, read 1,464,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
It hasn't been there long. The concrete is still curing around the base
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 10:58 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,736,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
Reminds me of the worst road rage incident I ever encountered. Prius with peace stickers plastered all over the back window.
I thought the folks with "Jesus fish" and crosses were typically the worst for Road Rage?

Old 01-09-2019, 11:10 AM

3,317 posts, read 2,304,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
There’s a large one off of Interstate 95 right between Godwin and Wade in Cumberland County. I didn’t remember it being there a few years ago, so this one might have been more recent.
There's one in a field off US-1/Jefferson Davis Highway just past the exit for Cameron as well.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:26 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,056,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I thought the folks with "Jesus fish" and crosses were typically the worst for Road Rage?
Can’t speak to that, just posted what I observed. Happened a few years ago on I-40 east of Nashville. SUV tried passing a Prius in the right lane on interstate and the Prius proceeded to swerve aggressively at the SUV. When the SUV hit the brakes and backed off, the Prius driver whipped over into the right lane in front of the SUV and started aggressively brake-checking. Both cars proceeded to do this dance for the next mile until the SUV floored it and took off. I was trailing and thought they were going to wreck all of us. Prius had a Co-exist sticker and peace sticker among others. I’m sure many road rage incidents have happened from all walks of life/religion/political views. That’s just the worst one I saw.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:52 AM

1,422 posts, read 1,464,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
There's one in a field off US-1/Jefferson Davis Highway just past the exit for Cameron as well.
I’ve seen that one too; Right inside the Moore County Line.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:59 AM

12,798 posts, read 16,228,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
Can’t speak to that, just posted what I observed. Happened a few years ago on I-40 east of Nashville. SUV tried passing a Prius in the right lane on interstate and the Prius proceeded to swerve aggressively at the SUV. When the SUV hit the brakes and backed off, the Prius driver whipped over into the right lane in front of the SUV and started aggressively brake-checking. Both cars proceeded to do this dance for the next mile until the SUV floored it and took off. I was trailing and thought they were going to wreck all of us. Prius had a Co-exist sticker and peace sticker among others. I’m sure many road rage incidents have happened from all walks of life/religion/political views. That’s just the worst one I saw.
That's the worst you've seen? That doesn't sound very bad. No guns involved. That's when they start getting really scary. Haven't seen a coexist Prius owner pull a gun on anyone myself, but I wouldn't doubt that it doesn't happen.

Had a jerk try to pass me in the right lane today, too. Annoyed me because there were three lanes and he could have gone around me in the left lane like a normal person. I wanted to get over in the right lane to turn right.

Old 01-09-2019, 03:05 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,379,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
I saw more confederate flags in Western Pa over the Christmas break then I ever see here in the Garner/Raleigh area. Regardless of the historical relevance, most don't see it as "anti-African American" or "The South will Rise Again" type of statement. To them it's more a "Anti-Federal-government-don't-tread-on-me" type of attitude. Kinda gard to explain but that's the jist in it's usage it seems.
There’s quite a few in wake county scattered around. There’s 2 flying off of 97 here in the Wendell/lizard lick area then countless others scattered around eastern wake.

The most shocking place I found a confederate flag was on some house 5 minutes outside of downtown Charlotte! It was hidden in the window of the house so you would easily miss it passing by lol. I wish I grabbed a picture or saved the address, I also saw another house inside the 485 Beltline in charlotte with one.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:11 PM

329 posts, read 248,048 times
Quote:

I thought Jefferson Davis Highway was US HWY 15 thru Granville County?

Old 01-09-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
There’s quite a few in wake county scattered around. There’s 2 flying off of 97 here in the Wendell/lizard lick area then countless others scattered around eastern wake.

The most shocking place I found a confederate flag was on some house 5 minutes outside of downtown Charlotte! It was hidden in the window of the house so you would easily miss it passing by lol. I wish I grabbed a picture or saved the address, I also saw another house inside the 485 Beltline in charlotte with one.

Got one right next to my neighbor's house in Durham County, Carr Township. Right next to Brier Creek where they're putting in all them subdivisions where the old farm houses used to be.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:

I hang mine in my workshop. One Army of N. VA Battle Flag, alongside framed pics of Gen. Lee, Gen. Stonewall Jackson and Abraham Lincoln.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary