Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2019, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 2,115 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I occasionally drop by this forum from time to time, and I recently saw a post concerning if Siler City was in the Triangle or not. Ironically, I just ventured out to Siler City this past weekend with a friend of mine, and we had this same conversation. We both found Siler City to be an interesting town on the move with a charming downtown and diverse population.

While there we found a very nice farm to table restaurant downtown with extraordinary food and two nice coffee shops. Which did surprise us considering the size of Siler City. The downtown area was very artistic with several nice stores, art galleries, and a lovely bookstore. The vibe I got while there was a mix between the Triangle and Triad but defiantly an easy commute coming from Cary. I would 100% consider Siler City to be a part of the Triangle and Triad sorta like Mebane is. It's definitely a town I could see myself living there and with the Triangle's growth reaching out there. However, I do believe that Siler City will be where the growth stops on the west-side. Thanks all for taking the time and reading my post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 05:56 AM

8,158 posts, read 10,873,241 times
https://www.wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/10017680/

Next time in Siler City treat yourself to the Carolina Stockyards. You got to go once. Go hungry!

Old 05-13-2019, 09:41 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,090,143 times
isn't the more famous burger at Johnson's? They appear to be very similar though... cheese = slab of velveeta

Siler City is right at an hour away now, call it 50 minutes to RTP. Nobody calls Wilson in the Triangle. For it to become "part of the Triangle", lots of development that increased that time would have to occur. Right now, it's 40 minutes to GSO. So, if it were "assigned" to one or the other, it would definitely be the Triad.

Of course, not everywhere has to be in some defined area.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:45 AM

8,158 posts, read 10,873,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
isn't the more famous burger at Johnson's? They appear to be very similar though... cheese = slab of velveeta
Johnson's Drive Inn is better know for the burgers...just a little farther up the road though. Both darn good.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:48 PM

12,798 posts, read 16,225,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Siler City is right at an hour away now, call it 50 minutes to RTP. Nobody calls Wilson in the Triangle. For it to become "part of the Triangle", lots of development that increased that time would have to occur. Right now, it's 40 minutes to GSO. So, if it were "assigned" to one or the other, it would definitely be the Triad.

Of course, not everywhere has to be in some defined area.
I can see it either way.

Initially I was feeling Triad, but Siler City is actually closer to Pittsboro, which surely is more oriented around the Triangle, than any city in the Triad. It's almost equidistant from Greensboro (32.5 mi) and Chapel Hill (32.3 mi) if you want to stick to the three main points in each region.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:26 PM

80 posts, read 52,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NChedgehog View Post
Hi everyone, I occasionally drop by this forum from time to time, and I recently saw a post concerning if Siler City was in the Triangle or not. Ironically, I just ventured out to Siler City this past weekend with a friend of mine, and we had this same conversation. We both found Siler City to be an interesting town on the move with a charming downtown and diverse population.

While there we found a very nice farm to table restaurant downtown with extraordinary food and two nice coffee shops. Which did surprise us considering the size of Siler City. The downtown area was very artistic with several nice stores, art galleries, and a lovely bookstore. The vibe I got while there was a mix between the Triangle and Triad but defiantly an easy commute coming from Cary. I would 100% consider Siler City to be a part of the Triangle and Triad sorta like Mebane is. It's definitely a town I could see myself living there and with the Triangle's growth reaching out there. However, I do believe that Siler City will be where the growth stops on the west-side. Thanks all for taking the time and reading my post!
What was the name of the farm to table restaurant? I love this sort of thing so would like to give them some business. Thanks!

Old 05-14-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
https://www.wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/10017680/

Next time in Siler City treat yourself to the Carolina Stockyards. You got to go once. Go hungry!
Thank's for the suggestion Poggle Woggly! I'll definitely give them a try the next time i'm in Siler City.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy_clark View Post
What was the name of the farm to table restaurant? I love this sort of thing so would like to give them some business. Thanks!
Hi teddy_clark, the restaurant is called artisan hub. You won't be disappointed with their food selection. I found their Facebook Page and attached it on here. https://www.facebook.com/artisan.hub.llc/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary