Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 04:52 PM

715 posts, read 888,967 times

Advertisements

I have renters at BC Parkside on Hammocks Beach Trail and the HOA is strict. I have received letters since they have parked in the street overnight as well as having garbage cans not hidden by approved shrubbery or fencing.

It’s a very entitled subdivision with some real personalities would never live there as the homes are **** if built by Lennar. They have a big issue with no one picking up after their dogs and people leaving it on other’s lawns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 05:24 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddicorcia1 View Post
I think you are reading it incorrectly. I don't think it means 2 animals. It is referring to rule #2. Also it reads as if there are only problems if you have outdoor cats. Outdoor cats are against the law in Cary. So as long as your kitties are indoors, you are okay!
If you're a lawyer, OK. If you're not, I disagree with you. In laymen's terms, I read it as:

You can have 2 animals, SO LONG AS you don't use them for commercial purposes (breeding them and selling the offspring is but one example) AND you don't let them run wild or otherwise in violation of city rules (on a leash, for example)

Old 06-20-2019, 05:56 PM

222 posts, read 218,904 times
It says kept on the LOT. Not in the house. You are fine since your cats are indoor cats.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:10 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
sorry, but you're confused about that reference. An HOA rules the lot, and everything built on it.

Of course, I guess it'd be funny to hear of a case where someone had to get HOA approval to put a fence inside their home.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:53 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,560,653 times
I know a few people that have 3-4 dogs and cats and lived in Bella Casa for years. They've never had an issue. IMO the HOA is not that strict as CardinalRed said. Yes in the last couple of years they have cracked down on garbage can visibility and people parking their cars in the street and pretty much leaving them there for weeks/months on end. I have no problem with cracking down on street parking, but I couldn't care less about the garbage cans being visible.

Overall I don't think it's incredibly strict HOA, but rather in line with many other HOA's of large subdivisions. It's a great community to live in!

Old 06-21-2019, 08:20 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,103,620 times
I don't know about that particular HOA but I recently moved to one where I have since discovered there are many individuals (mostly from out of state) who are very anti-pet. If they were to even get a sniff that they could go after you on a pet issue they would. I would not chance it. You would either need to suddenly give away 2 cats, move, or be threatened with a lien on your house.

However, perhaps you could get the HOA board to sign off on letting you have the four cats before you moved in. Not sure if that works legally, but it might. Make your request read that you will not replace the last two cats if they should no longer live in your home (due to death, give away, move away, etc.). You could tell them that two are very old, if they are. You would actually need to get the previous owner to get the permission letter. But don't hold your breath.

Last edited by RedZin; 06-21-2019 at 12:45 PM..

Old 06-21-2019, 12:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
I've never been concerned with keeping any number of house cats or other house pets in a property. Are they going to stop a person from having a fish tank and 2 cats? How about a couple of gerbils, a cat, and a dog?

Meh.. I think as long as they are indoors and you're not constantly throwing parties for the whole neighborhood to show off your menagerie, nobody will care.

HOAs put these rules in to keep people from running a puppy mill in the back yard or having a herd of barking/yapping dogs.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:12 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
That's ridiculous, an absurd overreach on the part of an HOA. And I could have two beagles or Walker Hounds that make a heck of a lot more noise than four cats. I'm not even a cat person. It would seem that negative consequences of irresponsible pet owners could be kept in check simply with rules pertaining to common areas or the outside of the homes.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:09 AM

1 posts, read 387 times
I currently live in Bella Casa, and work within this neighborhood and surrounding area. I have customer's with multiple pets, all living indoors, and have never heard them mention any issues with HOA. One specifically has 4 cats and 1 dog, and they've been there for the 3 years I've been working there-- so I think there's no issue there. As far as the above mentioned issue, regarding parking, yeah the HOA constantly have to crack down on that issue--- BUT, I will say, it's because it is brought to their attention by a homeowner(s) and has become an annoyance! For instance, a car that has been parked on the corner of an intersection, for 2 months, and the Owner is out of the country, and has nearly caused accidents from having to maneuver around it. As for the trashcans, I've never heard of the issue (not to say it has not been before) but my trash cans are on the side-rear of home (where the concrete slabs were placed) and I've never had an issue. Honestly though, the neighborhood is delightful and welcoming. I came from a small country town, so it was a huge adjustment, but I love this community...but yes, Lennar homes are $h!t!! If you do move here, make sure it isn't a Lennar home!!!

Old 07-06-2020, 04:45 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,103,620 times
An hoa is only as good as it’s least nasty member. If someone wants to have power over you they will complain and probably prevail. And there are increasingly more people who don’t like cats and dogs around them. I would get a written permission from the hoa president before spending my money. But maybe that neighborhood is different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary