U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2006, 08:18 AM

45 posts, read 195,165 times

Advertisements

After reading your thoughts on Sunset Ridge ... what are your thoughts on Sunset Oaks? Do the neighborhoods share pools?

Anyone live in Sunset Oaks? What is the feeling in the neighborhood? HOA?

How close will the 540 be to S.Oaks?

Thanks!! Love all your opinions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 09:37 AM

1,844 posts, read 6,624,120 times
The 540 will be closer to Sunset Oaks as my understanding goes. We looked there as well. Many of the homes are by the same builders as Sunset Ridge but with smaller square footage and smaller lot sizes. When we looked at a home there the woman next door was vacuuming her bonus room and we could hear the vacuum cleaners roar from the bonus room of the home we were looking at. Streets are narrower as well. Both share pools. I don't know how many people actually drive over to the other but my kids want to go over there to experience the lazy river they have at their pool! Overall the neighborhood seemed nice and the people there seemed very friendly and eager to welcome. We also looked at John Wieland there and not too many people were around that neighborhood.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:58 PM

45 posts, read 195,165 times
thanks for the reply !!

Old 12-20-2006, 08:16 PM

your welcome! Are you buying in this neighborhood?

Old 03-10-2007, 07:46 AM

81 posts, read 204,724 times
CAKD, Could you give me info on Sunset Ridge? SR is our top choice; looking to make the move in summer of 2008. Any insights would be appreciated.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howds View Post
CAKD, Could you give me info on Sunset Ridge? SR is our top choice; looking to make the move in summer of 2008. Any insights would be appreciated.
I would be happy to answer any specific questions you have We have been here since September. So far we love it. For the most part it is a quiet family oriented neighborhood. Meeting your neighbors is fairly easy and since we have moved in we have had many social gatherings with the neighbors, all of which have been fun and relaxing. Pretty much on any given afternoon you will see people out on their porches, lawns, kids on bikes, playing ball, walking their dogs etc. I read in your other post that you son will be going off to college and your daughter starting HS. My neighbors DD is in the new High School and she has been very happy with it. They have been here since July and her DD seems to have made friends fairly easily and is always going out to do things with her friends. There are many extra curicular activities available to them as well. Harris Nuclear plant is pretty much not thought about. It isn't so close you can see or hear it or anything like that. Harris lake is actually a beautiful lake and a great place to Mt bike and hike. The landfill will be far enough away from us that we don't expect to be affected by it. If you leave the back way out of SR you have pretty easy access to the 55 and 1 so getting around isn't bad either. Thus far we are enjoying the relaxing and quiet atmosphere of Holly Springs. As a town the only thing I could complain about it missing would be places to eat out. But of course Cary and Apex are just a stones throw away and it isn't a big deal to drive 20 minutes for us to get somewhere. We are getting ready to join the swim and tennis and golf clubs here as well and think that we will enjoy adding that to our life here. There are many different tennis leagues and groups as well as golf that meet weekly. I am sure I have not answered everything you want to know so please feel free to ask away. You can also PM me. Hopefully I can be of some help Where are you moving from?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:01 PM

5 posts, read 14,919 times
We are now renting in Sunset Oaks and really find it to be a nice neighborhood. We are looking to buy eventually, but we're not sure about Oaks. SSRidge is really our first choice because of the lot sizes. Right now, we have no yard at all, and it's kind of difficult with kids, especially with all the construction going on. And yes, noise does travel, not much privacy.

There is a section of Sunset Oaks that has a more live in feel with larger homes and yards, more kids, and of course bigger price tags. I believe they're running in the mid 3's to low 4's, but they are really nice, and there are kids everywhere.

Hollysprings is a nice town, but we also seem to be looking in Apex alot as well. Apex has some really nice neighborhoods. Although some of the homes are a bit older, you can also find some larger lots. And, believer it not, smaller price tags.

As for the Pool and tennis club at SS, yes they are all accessible to SSOAKs and Ridge. It is really nice, but we ended up joining the Y since we were just renting, and actually they are building a brand new facility in Holly Springs. The pool was completed this past Summer and we were able to enjoy it the last few weeks it was open, and it's absolutely wonderful. The kiddie pool is huge and everyone is so friendly.

Also, you have to check out Life Time Fitness - it's a beautiful Fitness center with everthing you can imagine for both adults and kids. Check it out, google it. Before you join anything, SS or the Y check this out first. We wish we did, cause we ended up paying the joining fee at the Y, about $200 and now we're facing paying that again at LTF, but it may be worth it.

Overall, you can't go wrong where ever you end up; Holly Springs / Apex are definately great towns.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:53 AM

153 posts, read 406,878 times
I was told that the Sunset Oaks HOA includes the pool, but in Sunset Ridge we have to pay separately...and its not cheap. Granted, we have access to all 3 pools. We bought in Sunset Ridge, on the South/course side. We loved the wooded larger lots.

Also, I recently talked to someone that had purchased in Sunset Oaks, and she said that they really missed being closer to town (they had lived in an in-town (HS) subdivision before). She still hoped to buy in Sunset Ridge in a few years.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
The 540 will be closer to Sunset Oaks as my understanding goes. We looked there as well. Many of the homes are by the same builders as Sunset Ridge but with smaller square footage and smaller lot sizes. When we looked at a home there the woman next door was vacuuming her bonus room and we could hear the vacuum cleaners roar from the bonus room of the home we were looking at. Streets are narrower as well. Both share pools. I don't know how many people actually drive over to the other but my kids want to go over there to experience the lazy river they have at their pool! Overall the neighborhood seemed nice and the people there seemed very friendly and eager to welcome. We also looked at John Wieland there and not too many people were around that neighborhood.
Just wondering what was incorrect enough in this statement to warrant someone giving me a negative feedback for it? You left an incorrect statement in the feedback box but neither your name or what was incorrect?

Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 PM

3 posts, read 6,961 times
Thanks to those that posted.

Our family is moving from Miami, FL to the Raleigh area. We are currently looking at three subdivisions. SUNSET RIDGE, THE WOODS AT SUNSET OAKS & WEST LAKE. Any additional or updated information and insight into these communities will be very helpful to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary