Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 12:14 PM

6,377 posts, read 5,492,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
Nope, just did the non-tray with one side. Maybe I should get two sides and no burger lol

My parents are coming to visit this weekend and my Dad already said he wants Bad Daddy's so I was trying to limit myself just a little.

See... I need to learn the things that go with chocolate that really thicken it up good. Like Snickers maybe. Because I'm just not into any shakes other than chocolate based shakes.
Incidentally I went to Bad Daddy's this weekend. Got the Sam I Am burger. Delicious as always.

And yes....for your next CookOut adventure; I'd suggest building a tray to your taste. They have great non-burger options as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 02:23 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,257,377 times
So, who went to Shake Shack? Did it live up to your expectations?

Old 08-21-2019, 06:21 PM

253 posts, read 236,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post

See... I need to learn the things that go with chocolate that really thicken it up good. Like Snickers maybe. Because I'm just not into any shakes other than chocolate based shakes.
You could probably get them to make any of them with a chocolate base. Which reminds me I need to try a chocolate cheesecake one. I agree I'm not a huge fan of their burgers--I mainly just go for their shakes.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:32 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
I read on Yelp people waited 2 hours in line today for Shake Shack

Old 08-22-2019, 11:47 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
So, who went to Shake Shack? Did it live up to your expectations?
Went yesterday and the price point wasn't that different from other burger joints already here, It was good but the hype is basically all due to people just missing there go to's from home. To me it's basically burger fi if they smooshed fried the burgers and had crinkle cut fries. Chicago Dogs are my favorite type of hot dog next to Carolina Dogs so maybe next week when the line isn't so stupid I'm going to go back and get one.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:30 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
Went for dinner tonight - got the Shroom Stack and cheese fries. They kept the lines moving so that was a positive but I still feel the same way. It's just alright.......I'd rather go cheaper for a fast food burger or just a little more expensive for a sit down one.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:04 AM

36 posts, read 30,696 times
To each his/her own but I definitely enjoy Shake Shack! I went last Friday at 3pm and there was still about a 20 minutes line to the counter and 10+ minute wait for food. Did a double Shack Burger, Chick n Shack and crinkle fries. What I like about the burgers is that the are cooked perfectly (medium well) and well balanced. Lots of cheese, thin slice of tomato and lettuce. And the crinkle fries are super crispy on the edges.

More pics and info below, I'm working on a review:

https://www.nctriangledining.com/blo...-waverly-menu/

Old 08-27-2019, 06:50 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Men on another burger place. We got plenty. In fact, too many.

Wanna see crowds that last beyond the 'something new and shiny phase'? Wanna see an operation that handles the crowds without extensive waiting? Want amazing Italian beef sandwiches and Chicago dogs? (They have a long, varied menu, but I never get beyond the Italian beef. Incredible milk shakes, I've heard.)

Portillo's. Now that Wegmans is here, I'm praying Portillos is next. And I'm not even from Chicago.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:48 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonboNC View Post
To each his/her own but I definitely enjoy Shake Shack! I went last Friday at 3pm and there was still about a 20 minutes line to the counter and 10+ minute wait for food. Did a double Shack Burger, Chick n Shack and crinkle fries. What I like about the burgers is that the are cooked perfectly (medium well) and well balanced. Lots of cheese, thin slice of tomato and lettuce. And the crinkle fries are super crispy on the edges.

More pics and info below, I'm working on a review:

https://www.nctriangledining.com/blo...-waverly-menu/
Great blog post, thanks for sharing!

After looking at their menu, here are my thoughts on their shakes (NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qOvaBKugT8

Old 08-31-2019, 06:21 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Went yesterday as the boy had to go. Got there at 11:45 and waited in a short line (line was completely gone when we left at 12:30). The place is quite large - ample seating indoors and out and dog friendly! Saw at least four groups with doggos and they have a large bowl of water outside (it’s also gated for safety of said dogs and children).
It was fine. I’m not a burger conneissuer. Loved the fries and one order is plenty for two people. Son said shake was better than Cookout (where he goes a lot). He likes the hinged bun too LOL.
Staff was friendly and on their game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary