U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-28-2019, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Lake Gaston, NC
1,628 posts, read 2,221,656 times
Reputation: 3007

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
You mean "role model".
Thank you, I try but sometimes type faster than my mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-28-2019, 06:24 PM
 
919 posts, read 384,592 times
Reputation: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
You mean "role model".

Well, this is still trivial compared to what Mickey Mantle used to do -- and get away with, until Jim Bouton wrote Ball Four.
Yep, and Babe Ruth and Joe Namath and Paul Hornung and Gronk, etc. etc. Not to mention some of the outfits Tom Brady wears...

Last edited by Edward Teach; 09-28-2019 at 06:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 07:39 AM
 
Location: Raleigh
620 posts, read 698,119 times
Reputation: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Yep, and Babe Ruth and Joe Namath and Paul Hornung and Gronk, etc. etc. Not to mention some of the outfits Tom Brady wears...
Gronk was showing his ass when he was standing on TOP of the mountain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 08:05 AM
 
Location: under the beautiful Carolina blue
17,360 posts, read 26,685,459 times
Reputation: 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
To whom has he been a jerk? In what way? You know this how?
I’m curious too. I know people don’t like the way he presents himself. But as far as I know he’s never really been in any trouble and does a TON of work with and for kids and never asks the media to come along for it. One time he was found out and it was covered was when he threw a block party for a terminally ill child at Halloween - neighbors called the media but he was there without a publicist or anything just enjoying what he could do for the child. That’s when I changed my opinion of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 02:43 PM
 
5,629 posts, read 4,067,623 times
Reputation: 4849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
None of that is evidence that he is a jerk.

And I'll just say to plainly. if he was white, neither you nor jkgourmet would be commenting on him.
Give me a break. Compare him to a guy like Brady who is as humble as they come.

I think narcissists are jerks, but that's just me. And it has nothing to do with skin color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 02:55 PM
 
919 posts, read 384,592 times
Reputation: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Give me a break. Compare him to a guy like Brady who is as humble as they come.
One can absolutely compare their weird clothes, which, oh by the way, is exactly what I was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I think narcissists are jerks, but that's just me. And it has nothing to do with skin color.
Oh, you mean like Trump?

Last edited by Edward Teach; 09-29-2019 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Fuquay Varina
4,919 posts, read 6,904,507 times
Reputation: 12482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
To whom has he been a jerk? In what way? You know this how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I’m curious too. I know people don’t like the way he presents himself. But as far as I know he’s never really been in any trouble and does a TON of work with and for kids and never asks the media to come along for it. One time he was found out and it was covered was when he threw a block party for a terminally ill child at Halloween - neighbors called the media but he was there without a publicist or anything just enjoying what he could do for the child. That’s when I changed my opinion of him.
Considering the source of the comment, I don't think its a very accurate assumption on her part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
1,280 posts, read 887,937 times
Reputation: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Give me a break. Compare him to a guy like Brady who is as humble as they come.

I think narcissists are jerks, but that's just me. And it has nothing to do with skin color.
Talk about give me a break.Tom Brady is as big headed as they come. He is the perfect fit to Bill Belichick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 04:10 PM
 
5,629 posts, read 4,067,623 times
Reputation: 4849
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Talk about give me a break.Tom Brady is as big headed as they come. He is the perfect fit to Bill Belichick.
Examples? He's the most hated for sure, but it's not because he's cocky.

If Brady was sidelined with an injury I can guarantee you he wouldn't be on youtube promoting himself while smoking stogies and drinking wine.

Here's a single example:

https://www.tvovermind.com/tom-brady...greatest-time/

Last edited by m378; 09-29-2019 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2019, 04:19 PM
 
774 posts, read 275,127 times
Reputation: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Talk about give me a break.Tom Brady is as big headed as they come. He is the perfect fit to Bill Belichick.



Haven't laughed this hard since I was a little girl.


Thank you. I needed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:10 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top