Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 03:27 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,089 times

Advertisements

I understand, it's ok, somebody has the be fanboys/fangirls. Just like all the Cowboys fanboys/fangirls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 03:32 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
I understand, it's ok, somebody has the be fanboys/fangirls. Just like all the Cowboys fanboys/fangirls.
Lol. I'm here if you want to give any examples.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:32 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
I'll grant that maybe we are interpreting the use of "big headed" differently and maybe you meant it differently than I usually see the term used. I will also grant that there is a ton of Brady/Pats fatigue......

but Tom Brady, big headed? Big headed meaning Cocky, Arrogant, egotistical....no

The dude couldn't even start on his 0-9 HS football team. Got stuck in a game of QB Musical chairs with the immortal Brian Griese and the incomparable Drew Henson.

Is a 6th round pick who worked his ****skin off (with the help of Mt Everest sized chip on his shoulder) to make it in the pros and went all the way to the conversation for the Greatest Ever.

Big Headed? No. Big Ben is big headed.

I have zero issues with haters hating him. He wins a lot, has been to what 8 straight Tom Brady Invitation Games (aka AFC Title Game), smoking hot wife, pretty good looking himself, combined net worth of like 600 Million, is socially awkward (juxtaposed against the "awww, geee, shucks" of Peyton), comes across as quasi robotic in conversation, weirdo food thing.....Yes to all of that.

If you had said any of the above, I would have said "sure, I get it"....but you went with "big headed"....

LOL

Old 09-29-2019, 05:07 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Trying to figure out why this isn't in the Football forum.

Old 09-29-2019, 05:58 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,643,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I'll grant that maybe we are interpreting the use of "big headed" differently and maybe you meant it differently than I usually see the term used. I will also grant that there is a ton of Brady/Pats fatigue......

but Tom Brady, big headed? Big headed meaning Cocky, Arrogant, egotistical....no

The dude couldn't even start on his 0-9 HS football team. Got stuck in a game of QB Musical chairs with the immortal Brian Griese and the incomparable Drew Henson.

Is a 6th round pick who worked his ****skin off (with the help of Mt Everest sized chip on his shoulder) to make it in the pros and went all the way to the conversation for the Greatest Ever.

Big Headed? No. Big Ben is big headed.

I have zero issues with haters hating him. He wins a lot, has been to what 8 straight Tom Brady Invitation Games (aka AFC Title Game), smoking hot wife, pretty good looking himself, combined net worth of like 600 Million, is socially awkward (juxtaposed against the "awww, geee, shucks" of Peyton), comes across as quasi robotic in conversation, weirdo food thing.....Yes to all of that.

If you had said any of the above, I would have said "sure, I get it"....but you went with "big headed"....

LOL
Eh, if you gave 'em both truth serum they'd sound just alike. Both think they are the best, both have supreme confidence in their abilities, both want the ball in their hands in clutch situations, etc. The only difference is that Brady has had a tougher road, is a little older, and has been coached/influenced by Belichick. its a difference of style, not substance. Brady is as cocky as they come, and if you could talk to him with his guard down, it would be obvious. No one achieves the success Brady has without being cocky.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Eh, if you gave 'em both truth serum they'd sound just alike. Both think they are the best, both have supreme confidence in their abilities, both want the ball in their hands in clutch situations, etc. The only difference is that Brady has had a tougher road, is a little older, and has been coached/influenced by Belichick. its a difference of style, not substance. Brady is as cocky as they come, and if you could talk to him with his guard down, it would be obvious. No one achieves the success Brady has without being cocky.
Lol. So you've talked to Tom Brady with his "guard down"? Cool story - one for the grandkids for sure!

As usual I completely disagree with you. Brady is as humble as they come in professional sports.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Lol. So you've talked to Tom Brady with his "guard down"? Cool story - one for the grandkids for sure!
Yeah, and he told me to tell you to S**U, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378;56294236[B
As usual I completely disagree with you[/b]. Brady is as humble as they come in professional sports.
And in case you're not aware, I couldn't care less! So just put me on your ignore list and do us both a favor.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
Yeah, and he told me to tell you to S**U, lol
Nice! I saw your first response too - nice as well!

Old 09-29-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Nice! I saw your first response too - nice as well!
Yes, I agree! All very appropriate for and accurate for the intended audience.

Old 09-29-2019, 06:23 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,243,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Trying to figure out why this isn't in the Football forum.
I'm guessing the OP meant to put this in the Charlotte Forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary