U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2019, 03:14 PM
 
1,427 posts, read 764,697 times
Reputation: 1105

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Baptist View Post
I've been noticing that cops drive just as bad as the rest of the bad drivers. It didnt used to be so bad, but it's at the point now where people at a 4 way stop have no idea how to properly give right of way.

Ontop of drivers not knowing proper right of way, you have folks that pull out in front of you slow, and zombie drivers addicted to their phones. They block intersections in traffic too. Bunch of morons. I had two people pass me on a double yellow line because i was going 38 in a 35 and that wasn't fast enough for them.

Wish I was a cop...
I see them breaking the speed limit, not stopping at stop signs, and not signaling lane changes often
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2019, 04:11 PM
 
1,712 posts, read 1,441,024 times
Reputation: 1409
Victim was dragged 100 feet, per CBS17... minutes ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 05:23 PM
 
Location: under the beautiful Carolina blue
17,360 posts, read 26,685,459 times
Reputation: 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Victim was dragged 100 feet, per CBS17... minutes ago.
Jeez. This kid was either not paying attention at all or just panicked and couldn’t get the brake. You can bet his cell phone records will be subpoenaed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 06:51 PM
 
1,712 posts, read 1,441,024 times
Reputation: 1409
and, on 10/1 a deer ran across Maynard, toward/near Castilia and caused $2,000 est. damage when it hit a car at 10:53 AM!


Report: 19008571
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 07:29 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
474 posts, read 273,998 times
Reputation: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Right after a tragic incident like this is probably the best time for a community to go to the city council and ask for speed bumps and/or stop signs or whatever. Doing this while the horror is fresh in the town's mind and it's in the news might be the leverage needed.
When you insist on making neighborhood streets as wide as one direction of an interstate, people are going to speed because the roads are too. freaking. wide. Narrowing the roads will do more to quell speeding than anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 07:38 PM
 
774 posts, read 275,127 times
Reputation: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
When you insist on making neighborhood streets as wide as one direction of an interstate, people are going to speed because the roads are too. freaking. wide. Narrowing the roads will do more to quell speeding than anything else.
I disagree.

Speeding through a neighborhood has little to do with how a road is configured (such as width) and everything to do with a complete lack of respect and common decency.

People who speed through neighborhoods are nothing more than d’bags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
4,740 posts, read 3,147,073 times
Reputation: 3235
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I disagree.

Speeding through a neighborhood has little to do with how a road is configured (such as width) and everything to do with a complete lack of respect and common decency.

People who speed through neighborhoods are nothing more than d’bags.
The width of a road definitely plays a factor in how fast people drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 07:52 PM
 
339 posts, read 158,255 times
Reputation: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
The width of a road definitely plays a factor in how fast people drive.

I feel like the width of Castalia makes it easier to speed.

I’m of the opinion that parked cars slow through-traffic down, but I know that is a topic of debate.

Some new details in this article. Sounds like he ran off the road

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wra...%3fversion=amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 07:58 PM
 
774 posts, read 275,127 times
Reputation: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
The width of a road definitely plays a factor in how fast people drive.
All things being equal, sure. I would expect someone to drive faster on 401 than on Rogers Rd.

But you’re really arguing that people go “well $hit, Heritage View Trail (a generic, modern width, neighborhood road) is as wide as Rogers Rd (a main road in a town)..therefore I’ll go as fast as I would on Rogers.”

If so, you give human beings less credit for their cognitive ability than even I do....and I subscribe to George Carlin view of people. “Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of em are stupider than that”

People speed in front of my house not because of the width; there’s even a blind bend in the road which is tough to see past, but because they simply don’t give a crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2019, 08:00 PM
 
1,712 posts, read 1,441,024 times
Reputation: 1409
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
When you insist on making neighborhood streets as wide as one direction of an interstate, people are going to speed because the roads are too. freaking. wide. Narrowing the roads will do more to quell speeding than anything else.

I AGREE! and so does:


https://www.alltrafficsolutions.com/...fic-busy-road/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:10 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top