U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:19 PM

3,288 posts, read 6,270,001 times

Advertisements

Well said Vicki - having just sold our home up here in RI, I only have total appreciation for my realtor. Yes, the realtor's % of the sale may seem high but let me tell you how much my realtor earned her money. She marketed my home well, in papers, magazines etc with HER money. She held several open houses on weekends - more time = more money. She has guided us appropriately every step of the way. And last but not least - the negotiations took forever. Re-hashing the items found on inspection. Hours of going back and forth with the buyers agent, with us. Offering to HELP with the cost of radon abatement. She is wonderful. I truly feel she earned every last red cent she will get next Tuesday at closing. And, because it was purchased by another agent's client, they are each getting 2.5%...not exhorbitant. Kudos to my realtor. She had our home under contract in 3 weeks and all we have to do is show up at closing and sign! Yippeee , heading to NC in four more days. Thanks to professionals like Vicki.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:06 PM

820 posts, read 1,873,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
And getting sick can cost you loads of money when you have to go to the doctor.

Getting a ticket for speeding is rather pricey when you need to hire a lawyer.

Needing a new roof is pretty costly, as well. Just ask a roofer.

There are costs in life. Living is pretty costly these days.

Do you really "luv" Wake Forest??? I'm sorry but the vibe is that you are having a rough time. Things get better. Hang in there.

Vicki
There isn't a lot of choice between treating yourself and going to a medical professional who's been through 12 years of school. With good intelligence, realistic expectations, and diligence; one can sell their own home without a Realtor saving thousands. It's not for everyone though, in fact, it's probably not for most people.

My mantra is that I've gone both routes, and there is a time and a place for everything, what is most important for me is being well informed regardless.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:22 AM

4,609 posts, read 5,231,427 times
This thread has seen better days and ran its course. The OP has received many replies covering all ground.

With that said we will retire this thread and put her out to pasture. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary