Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 12:48 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times

Advertisements

he's apparently from the UK. When did sexist or chauvinistic suddenly become "alt-right"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 12:53 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
he's apparently from the UK. When did sexist or chauvinistic suddenly become "alt-right"?

Are you under the impression that the "alt-right" in an American only phenomena ?

Better call Steve Bannon and let him know he should come back from Europe and doesn't need to go over there to do his work.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:17 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Are you under the impression that the "alt-right" in an American only phenomena ?

Better call Steve Bannon and let him know he should come back from Europe and doesn't need to go over there to do his work.
Yeah exactly, it's certainly not American only, in fact it was always just as much an EU thing. Bannon is (or was) on his world tour getting right in on that bandwagon.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:19 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
Seriously? As a university trained person I would be sure this was a joke, simply to get the students revved up and paying attention. On the one hand he is just asking someone else to answer the question and there was probably a male nearby who looked ready to answer. Another female student should have exclaimed “ hey, I know the answer” and forced the joke.

Tempest in a teacup is the old saying. But poor social skills.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:21 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
I don't know Steve Bannon, so would be hard for me to call him. The point is that when did sexist or chauvinistic become alt+right?

By the way, I'm neither sexist nor alt+right. Nor am I worried about the politics of this situation. I am glad this apparent fool did something sooner rather than later that he can be removed for.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Seriously? As a university trained person I would be sure this was a joke, simply to get the students revved up and paying attention. On the one hand he is just asking someone else to answer the question and there was probably a male nearby who looked ready to answer. Another female student should have exclaimed “ hey, I know the answer†and forced the joke.

Tempest in a teacup is the old saying.
Wrong. But it's nice that you think it's fine he called women useless.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I don't know Steve Bannon, so would be hard for me to call him. The point is that when did sexist or chauvinistic become alt+right?

By the way, I'm neither sexist nor alt+right. Nor am I worried about the politics of this situation. I am glad this apparent fool did something sooner rather than later that he can be removed for.
Alt right is something more specific that is really known for racism more than anything, but it has become a thing with them to only see women as breeders. The racism part doesn't figure in here, but guys who have gotten more and more sucked in to these people via social media are losing their filters and the sentiment this guy expressed is right in line with it. It's very concerning. Two men I know have fully embraced all of it - never would have expected it from either.

This article has nothing to do with the sexism but is a good explanation of what the alt right is:

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgr...hite-supremacy

edited to add this

https://www.adl.org/resources/report...hite-supremacy

Last edited by NM posts; 10-03-2019 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: grammar mishap

Old 10-03-2019, 01:38 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:

I just threw Stevie boy out that as an attempt at humor, because he has been in Europe for huge swaths of time attempting to set up/fund/reinvigorate "alt-right" parties in Europe. And the sexism aspect of the "alt-right" thing has come along with the incels (and the whole Chads, Stacys and Beckys thing) and then the Proud Boys, which share part of this Venn-Diagram.

As for your latter point, agreed. I have serious schadenfreude when people "remove their mask" and then get their comeuppance.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:15 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times
It sounds like the course is an entry level course. The students do not have to have a prior knowledge of physics to take this class. The professor has the bigger responsibility here to teach the students. Yes, the students do need to pay attention and study, but the professor is the guide. If you could get the info from just reading the book, why have a professor at all.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:52 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Useless?! Stupid fool. My wife cooks, cleans, has a full time job, and fetches my beer when I’m watching the game. Would he call that useless? Idiot.

My comment proves that women are not useless. That guy likely lives by himself. My wife is far from useless. She’s also good at weeding and doing repairs.
She’s keeping you busy while she’s boinking your neighbor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary