U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 12:19 AM

7,953 posts, read 9,020,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Fred Anderson is better, but I'm only speaking in Service terms. I've tried out both. Hendrick Toyota service is very dishonest and will get you to do all kinds of service items too early, or unnecessary ones like "fuel injector cleaner service" and "throttle body flush." Absolute garbage service over there.

Hendrick was awful. One visit and never again; the service guy lied and I caught him a few times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 07:20 AM

109 posts, read 64,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Hendrick was awful. One visit and never again; the service guy lied and I caught him a few times.
You are not the first to have disparaging words about Hendrick. Thanks for the information; I'll steer clear of those jokers.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:34 AM

2,310 posts, read 1,291,685 times
Carl Anderson with Fred Anderson Toyota. He's a great guy (we've purchased 10 vehicles from him over the years) and will work hard to get the best deal for you. Even better, he's an internet sales guy, so you can do pretty much all your negotiating via email. I just bought a 4Runner from them last month and my husband bought a Tacoma from them back in April or May. The 2019 4Runners are deeply discounted right now.

I've dealt with Leith once in the past and will never do business with them again.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:42 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,225,566 times
Now should be a great time to buy. New car sales plummeted last month, so dealers are sitting on lots of inventory they need to get rid of.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:47 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,439,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Not to sound lazy, but how do you shop for those?
Apologies up front if that's a stupid question.

Email the GM or sales manager for a dealer and ask for one.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:24 AM

2,680 posts, read 3,151,214 times
Years ago I wanted an AWD Sienna minivan. Fred Anderson was awesome to work with and did not attempt to gouge me on pricing on a vehicle that was difficult to find in the SE. They were up there with the top 3 pleasureable vehicle purchases that I've had over the years.

Old 10-03-2019, 08:41 AM

15,456 posts, read 19,663,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Use Costco's auto program. Membership is refundable, if you are not happy.

Had Toyota(s) delivered to house; did paperwork on kitchen table.

Do all you can to get prices outside of Triangle, to really save some money. Use local dealer for service.
Yep - same here. The dealership in Pinehurst have us a very good deal. For service, it goes to AVEC (I'd also use WASP, but AVEC is more convenient).

Mark Jacobsen have me a BIG runaround. The salesman at Fred Anderson never called me back after I went to the dealership and wanted a price for a vehicle certain options.
Leith tried to shove a different model down our throats until we have up and left. Then the salesman and sales manager tried to block my husband from getting in the car. No, I'm not kidding or exaggerating.

PS DH spent part of his professional life as a dealership manager AND corporate trainer for car sales persons. Obviously, he knows the game. And from now on, we're playing it with Costco.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:07 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,654,499 times
I agree Fred Anderson prob the best. I have caught Hendrick doing a bait and switch on me once I was getting serious to buy. They said they had to ship in the car I wanted. LOL, I just test drove it you idiot.

Overall I would just buy from the best priced dealer then you can get it serviced at any Toyota dealership for repairs. I do my own oil changes so the oil changes for life is useless to me.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:13 AM

10,625 posts, read 7,763,837 times
I buy my vehicles - all Toyotas - from Fred Anderson. I have had nothing but great experiences there. Only problem is my salesman sadly passed away at the beginning of this year.

I would not even entertain Leith again after a 2000 experience that eventually required me driving to Columbia to get the vehicle I had been promised and signed for in Raleigh.

You can probably get great deals out of town - be that south, east (Washington NC has a Toyota dealership) or at Cox in Burlington.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:21 AM

7,953 posts, read 9,020,588 times
When I bought my Toyo several years ago, I was able to do the deal online and email with Fred Anderson Toyota. They have a couple people who work on Internet sales as a major part of their workday. I literally only went to the dealership to pick up my car and hand them a check. Save yourself the headaches if you know exactly what model and options you want and do the deal by comparing dealership prices and negotiating before going there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary