Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:10 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,964 times

Advertisements

We bought the wife's Avalon from Fred Anderson in Sanford. It has also been serviced there since new. I have nothing but positive things to say about the experience. The only drawback is the smaller inventory, but they were able to pull the car we wanted from the Raleigh location. We will be going back to buy her next Avalon later this month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 05:57 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,541,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito2002wgn View Post
My wife and I are in the market for a 4Runner, and I was just wondering if one area dealership stands above the rest in everyone's opinion.

We bought our last 4Runner form Mark Jacobson in Durham, and our experience was a 7 out of 10. Leith and Fred Anderson are closer to us, but any dealership withing 50 miles or so is an option.

Thanks for any suggestions/opinions!

Carlos
Expand your radius until you find a dealer who will give you the best price. It doesnt matter from which dealer you purchase, you can get it serviced at your local dealer.

I leased my Tundra from Fred Anderson a year ago because they had the vehicle I wanted (color and options) at a decent price. Had another deal lined up with the High Point dealer if i didnt work something out locally. If neither one of those worked, I would have driven to Philly as there is a broker there who is doing very aggressive leases on Tundra/Tacoma/etc.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:30 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,656,730 times
Fred Anderson is my recommendation as well.

Old 10-06-2019, 04:56 PM

545 posts, read 1,605,315 times
The sales manager at Fred Anderson Raleigh in 2003 humiliated me in front of everyone in the showroom (temp space while they were building the new bldg), yelling at me acting like I didn't know anything about cars since I was a woman. Don't know if he's still there, but I wouldn't go back there if they gave me a free car. I used the service center at Leith Raleigh and thought they were pushy and overpriced.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:26 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post
The sales manager at Fred Anderson Raleigh in 2003 humiliated me in front of everyone in the showroom (temp space while they were building the new bldg), yelling at me acting like I didn't know anything about cars since I was a woman. Don't know if he's still there, but I wouldn't go back there if they gave me a free car. I used the service center at Leith Raleigh and thought they were pushy and overpriced.
Had the same experience at Leith in 2010, so I get why you won't give Fred Anderson your business ever again because I feel the same way about Leith. I can guarantee neither person is still employed by either company, but it just shows how a really bad experience can cause a business bad press for many, many years down the line.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:26 AM

261 posts, read 307,432 times
We had a great experience across the boards working with Henderson Toyota. The ONLY downside was the distance from Raleigh but that's probably why everything else was so good.

You can get them serviced anywhere so don't let that govern your choice of where to purchase. We seldom buy cars in the Triangle, dealers here just never seem willing to bargain. Fred Anderson has been great for service and is 10 mins from my house.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:51 AM

163 posts, read 154,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Carl Anderson with Fred Anderson Toyota. He's a great guy (we've purchased 10 vehicles from him over the years) and will work hard to get the best deal for you. Even better, he's an internet sales guy, so you can do pretty much all your negotiating via email. I just bought a 4Runner from them last month and my husband bought a Tacoma from them back in April or May. The 2019 4Runners are deeply discounted right now.

I've dealt with Leith once in the past and will never do business with them again.
^This.

I have purchased 6 vehicles through Carl over the past 17 years.

Old 10-14-2019, 01:56 PM

289 posts, read 255,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
When I bought my Toyo several years ago, I was able to do the deal online and email with Fred Anderson Toyota. They have a couple people who work on Internet sales as a major part of their workday. I literally only went to the dealership to pick up my car and hand them a check. Save yourself the headaches if you know exactly what model and options you want and do the deal by comparing dealership prices and negotiating before going there.
This is exactly what I did for my 2016 4Runner, but at Mark Jacobson. The experience was awesome! I contacted the same guy for my second 4Runner, and he won't get back to me. He is the internet sales manager! WTH?

Old 10-14-2019, 04:10 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
We drive Toyotas and purchased the last 3 at Fred Anderson on Glenwood. Our salesman was Tim Germain and we found him to be the consummate professional. He’s been selling Toyotas for years and really knows his stuff.

Prior to going to Fred Anderson, we visited several other dealerships in the area but were not at all impressed.

Here are some reviews of Tim.
https://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Ti...review-277565/

Old 10-17-2019, 08:14 PM

84 posts, read 87,724 times
October is the best time to get a deal. Dealers are looking to unload what"s left of their 2019 models to make room for the 2020's. I've gotten great deals at both Leith and Toyota of Apex. Work your price down online first and then work your way into the dealer, between dealers and whatever you have to do tho get the car you want at the price you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary