U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 09:26 PM

1,424 posts, read 763,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast 2 Coast View Post
October is the best time to get a deal. Dealers are looking to unload what"s left of their 2019 models to make room for the 2020's. I've gotten great deals at both Leith and Toyota of Apex. Work your price down online first and then work your way into the dealer, between dealers and whatever you have to do tho get the car you want at the price you want.
Why is October better than December or January (if you want a 2019)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 09:41 PM

75 posts, read 34,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Why is October better than December or January (if you want a 2019)?
There won't be many left.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:04 AM

296 posts, read 655,620 times
I don't like the sales part of any dealership, but I found the service experience at Mark Jacobson in Durham to be just fine. I never felt talked down to (as a woman), I never got surprise suggestions of service or parts from them, and they were able to accommodate me immediately or soon after any request for service. I'm with another car maker/dealer now and I'm still searching for the same level of trust and comfort I found with Mark Jacobson. Maybe it was just a moment in time and with a car that caused few problems?

Old 10-18-2019, 11:00 AM

75 posts, read 34,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOfThis View Post
I don't like the sales part of any dealership, but I found the service experience at Mark Jacobson in Durham to be just fine. I never felt talked down to (as a woman), I never got surprise suggestions of service or parts from them, and they were able to accommodate me immediately or soon after any request for service. I'm with another car maker/dealer now and I'm still searching for the same level of trust and comfort I found with Mark Jacobson. Maybe it was just a moment in time and with a car that caused few problems?

Wasp Automotive in Durham is the bomb. Honest and reliable. As for Pete. He is the nicest dude you'll ever meet.

I hear you on the dealership sales thing. If you just change your perspective slightly and realize it's just a game, it'll make it easier and less intimidating. And it's a game you can win too. Getting the lowest price, that is. Generally speaking, it's the service departments at dealerships that I don't trust. Dealerships don't make money selling new cars. They make money selling used cars, adding stuff you don't need to your financing, and in the service department.

Anyway, I hope you find a situation that gives you more peace of mind again !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary