U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 11:53 AM

40,258 posts, read 15,880,159 times

Advertisements

I would strongly recommend that you purchase a used bunkhouse travel, or 5th wheel and the appropriate vehicle to pull it.

There are always plenty of used ones on Craigslist. Take your time, find a good one, negotiate a good price.

Live in RV parks until you find jobs, figure out if this is the community for you. Raleigh might be it, but what if it isn't?

It is so much easier than trying to rent places, move stuff, negotiate contingencies, etc.

When you are settled, sell it, or use it for vacations.

Good luck.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 10-19-2019 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 11:56 AM

40,258 posts, read 15,880,159 times
I would strongly encourage you to get rid of everything but what will fit in the RV or your parents are willing to store in their garage.

There's always more stuff to be had once you find out where you want to live.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:20 PM

346 posts, read 539,443 times
10 years ago we moved here for the very same reasons as you..COL and affordable lifestyle...Coming from NJ our property taxes in 2009 were $10,000 per year due in quartely installments. Older folks are being squeezed out of their estaBlished homes because of this..
We really didnt know much about the politics or the climate..The only climate that mattered to us was the economic climate...Our only regret is that we didnt do this sooner. We love living here in NC..Theres enough here to keep us satisfied. You will find all walks of life and all political persuasions as well..
My only other regret is that I have arthritis and the damp climate really hurts..But i have very good medical support here..my Dr's aare awesome and the WakeMed hosp in raliegh saved my life not once but twice..In Nj I would have died in their awful medical facilities with all foreign Dr's.. I'm not against foreign Dr's but I have faired so much better with White and Black medical personnel here..people in the medical community are more passionate about preserving life and trying to give you the best care they can..In NJ the attitude was just the opposite...
I'm not racist but this is my real life experiences talking here..
All in all..We are so happy to be here in the Raleigh metropolitan area..so it was a very good decision for us..
Just my .02 cents worth...
Wish you the best in your decison to relocate..

Last edited by TwoWheelMan; 10-19-2019 at 12:42 PM..

Old 10-22-2019, 09:17 AM

28 posts, read 11,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheelMan View Post
10 years ago we moved here for the very same reasons as you..COL and affordable lifestyle...Coming from NJ our property taxes in 2009 were $10,000 per year due in quartely installments. Older folks are being squeezed out of their estaBlished homes because of this..
We really didnt know much about the politics or the climate..The only climate that mattered to us was the economic climate...Our only regret is that we didnt do this sooner. We love living here in NC..Theres enough here to keep us satisfied. You will find all walks of life and all political persuasions as well..
My only other regret is that I have arthritis and the damp climate really hurts..But i have very good medical support here..my Dr's aare awesome and the WakeMed hosp in raliegh saved my life not once but twice..In Nj I would have died in their awful medical facilities with all foreign Dr's.. I'm not against foreign Dr's but I have faired so much better with White and Black medical personnel here..people in the medical community are more passionate about preserving life and trying to give you the best care they can..In NJ the attitude was just the opposite...
I'm not racist but this is my real life experiences talking here..
All in all..We are so happy to be here in the Raleigh metropolitan area..so it was a very good decision for us..
Just my .02 cents worth...
Wish you the best in your decison to relocate..
Thank you so much for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or