U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 06:21 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,064,972 times

Advertisements

Any area with lots of higher paying jobs will eventually become crowded. Unfortunately I think you missed the boat on this one, but maybe keep an eye on the Pittsboro or Sanford areas or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 06:24 PM

38 posts, read 31,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
You could definitely get a property and setting more your speed with a commute of under 40 minutes to UNC. This is possible in eastern Chatham, Northern/Western Orange, and Eastern Alamance counties.
Hmmm, maybe we will at least check out that area tomorrow and open up our options a bit. I appreciate the info very much!

Old 10-11-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Any area with lots of higher paying jobs will eventually become crowded. Unfortunately I think you missed the boat on this one, but maybe keep an eye on the Pittsboro or Sanford areas or something.
I can't argue with that statement. I've added that to the list for tomorrow to. Thanks a bunch!!

Old 10-11-2019, 06:47 PM

3,826 posts, read 9,840,148 times
If you don’t HAVE to be within 30-40 min of Raleigh, I’d suggest heading a bit northwest and check out Mebane, Efland and Graham. Smaller towns, affordable. Decent schools. Your wife can easily commute to Duke or UNC.

Old 10-11-2019, 07:15 PM

2,307 posts, read 1,290,640 times
Some people may disagree, but we live in Zebulon, but not IN Zebulon. We are in a nice, rural area. I have yet to have someone come to visit us who doesn't comment about how pretty it is out here. We are off from 96 about 3 miles east of 401. It's beautiful farm land. We had lived in Raleigh, smack dab in the middle of North Raleigh for almost 20 years, then moved to the mountains for 3 years and then needed to move back. We didn't want to deal with the crazy N Raleigh stuff anymore, so we moved out. We looked from Caswell County over to Franklin County and our Zebulon house won out. We have almost 2 acres and only have approximately 15 neighbors in our neighborhood. Prices are reasonable (in your range) and houses are good sized (1500-2500 sq feet). If you were to work at Wake Tech's north campus, you would be at work in less than 30 minutes and it's a straight shot up and back with nice country/farm views north of Forestville Rd.

Old 10-11-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
If you don’t HAVE to be within 30-40 min of Raleigh, I’d suggest heading a bit northwest and check out Mebane, Efland and Graham. Smaller towns, affordable. Decent schools. Your wife can easily commute to Duke or UNC.
I appreciate it very much! added for tomorrow.

Old 10-11-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Some people may disagree, but we live in Zebulon, but not IN Zebulon. We are in a nice, rural area. I have yet to have someone come to visit us who doesn't comment about how pretty it is out here. We are off from 96 about 3 miles east of 401. It's beautiful farm land. We had lived in Raleigh, smack dab in the middle of North Raleigh for almost 20 years, then moved to the mountains for 3 years and then needed to move back. We didn't want to deal with the crazy N Raleigh stuff anymore, so we moved out. We looked from Caswell County over to Franklin County and our Zebulon house won out. We have almost 2 acres and only have approximately 15 neighbors in our neighborhood. Prices are reasonable (in your range) and houses are good sized (1500-2500 sq feet). If you were to work at Wake Tech's north campus, you would be at work in less than 30 minutes and it's a straight shot up and back with nice country/farm views north of Forestville Rd.
looks like we have a lot of places to visit tomorrow. Thanks!

Old 10-11-2019, 07:37 PM

14 posts, read 6,517 times
Can't do it in a day, but I know 2 people who have recently moved from the Triangle to Shallotte, a small town outside Wilmington. 1 of them purchased a really nice home for between 200-250000. Close to the beach, but not immune to the occasional hurricane or flooding.... I visited one of them briefly (a weekend) and it seems nice. Not terribly diverse, but everyone was friendly.

Another friend moved to Concord NC, just outside Charlotte. Haven't had a chance to visit yet, but she loves it.

Just a couple of suggestions. Good luck!

Old 10-11-2019, 08:11 PM

1,557 posts, read 1,844,705 times
I love Pittsboro! However I'm not sure how Chatham Park will change it?

Old 10-11-2019, 08:58 PM

10,935 posts, read 11,712,020 times
Chatham Park will change Pittsboro drastically.

I think y’all should look around Winston-Salem. Good hospitals there. Several colleges.

Raleigh is literally one of the fastest growing areas in the country. It’s a pipe dream to think growth won’t continue. Clayton is already booming. https://www.ncdemography.org/2019/07...united-states/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ties/39442201/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or