U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 09:47 AM

2,757 posts, read 3,061,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanFischlerHockE View Post
Remember the folks camping out at Wegmans. Ha Ha. Like it was some one day event and the store was closing forever.
People in New York City were equally as excited for the Brooklyn store to open. That's a Wegmans thing, not a Raleigh thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 08:44 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,307,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronskrat View Post
While it can get hot, it's not Tampa-hot. That horribleness I grew up in is just really high humidity with twice the amount of rain combined with triple-digit heat day after day. I remember too well opening my front door with the crackling sound of a freezer door, yet instead walking into a hot soup where you immediately sweat. The horror!

I laugh at this heat. It's never too hot here IMO.
Interesting factoid about Tampa - the temperature has never reached triple digits. The record high is 99 degrees. (St Pete did reach 100 one time.) But yeah, I imagine the humidity is ridiculous. And alligators.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:56 AM

2,090 posts, read 1,830,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
People in New York City were equally as excited for the Brooklyn store to open. That's a Wegmans thing, not a Raleigh thing.
so you mean to tell me people were camped out in Brooklyn waiting for a Wegmans to open? My, my has Brooklyn changed.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheelMan View Post
It is also interesting to note that Eastern Wake county is much less affluent than the rest of the county..thus it seems to me that it is less desireable and less developement going on here..being outside of the "Triangle". A less desireable area is just what we wanted. As I said above its very quiet here and only within the past year or so has there been any push to develop the subdivisions out here...
We live in a modular home on 1 acre and our taxes were only $600 a year.. That was before i got my senior citizen property tax rebate...which has effectively halved our property taxes per year.. Since this home is co-owned the property tax rebate only refelcts a 50% ownership..because the other owner has not yet reached 65 yrs of age...When they do(next year) we will apply again for the other 50% ownership for a tax rebate.
Knightdale was the fastest growing town in Wake County...

Why do people just come online and outright LIE.

https://wakeweekly.com/stories/east-...on-boom,180215?

Old 11-05-2019, 01:02 PM

34,291 posts, read 59,604,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Knightdale was the fastest growing town in Wake County...

Why do people just come online and outright LIE.

https://wakeweekly.com/stories/east-...on-boom,180215?
Uhhh….
The gentleman said he lives at a Wendell address, closer to Zebulon.

Neither is Knightdale.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Uhhh….
The gentleman said he lives at a Wendell address, closer to Zebulon.

Neither is Knightdale.
the post was about Eastern NC. Good gosh man...

Old 11-05-2019, 01:07 PM

34,291 posts, read 59,604,944 times
Quote:
the post was about Eastern NC. Good gosh man...
Uhhh… No, his input was about Eastern Wake County.
And, you called him a liar, when it is even a stretch that his post is misleading, even if in error.

But, I get it. You are just looking for another booger-flicking match.
At that, I will move along. Nothing more to see here.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:45 PM

191 posts, read 224,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Interesting factoid about Tampa - the temperature has never reached triple digits. The record high is 99 degrees. (St Pete did reach 100 one time.) But yeah, I imagine the humidity is ridiculous. And alligators.

That is interesting about Tampa. I'd like to see a "Feels like" chart instead but I did find this which says a lot:

Old 11-05-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Uhhh… No, his input was about Eastern Wake County.
And, you called him a liar, when it is even a stretch that his post is misleading, even if in error.

But, I get it. You are just looking for another booger-flicking match.
At that, I will move along. Nothing more to see here.
I meant Eastern Wake ... thanks for confirming I was right

Old 11-06-2019, 09:17 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,061,457 times
Quote:
so you mean to tell me people were camped out in Brooklyn waiting for a Wegmans to open? My, my has Brooklyn changed.
No, that's not what I mean to tell you and that's not what I said. No one camped out in Raleigh, either. However, people did line up for the Brooklyn store as they did in Raleigh. Not as much, but obviously a New York store opening in New York is not as much of a novelty as it is for the transplants down south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or