U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 08:15 PM

12,430 posts, read 22,091,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoe571 View Post
I can tell from these comments how "enlightened" a person you are, so I'm not going to waste my time discussing this item with you. Ramble on as much as you want in this thread and others, I'm going to move forward from here.
So what you're saying is you actually have no examples. Kthxbye!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 09:26 PM

731 posts, read 169,719 times
What is their stance on dealing with the huge number of illegal aliens flocked to the area because it is a sanctuary city? Anyone know? I didnt think so! what a joke

Old 10-12-2019, 10:15 PM

122 posts, read 50,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
So what you're saying is you actually have no examples. Kthxbye!

Nah... Not that he/she/shim doesn't have any examples, just that he/she/shim is WAYYYY more woke than you.

Old 10-12-2019, 11:30 PM

3,247 posts, read 4,271,659 times
Quote:
Ford was President when Black History month was first observed in 1976, not the 60's. #history

You spoke of recent legislation the republicans passed that has been anti-black. I really have no way of searching for "anti black republican legislation". Can you provide some examples, please? I am genuinely interested.

I'm a millennial, who works in an extremely high % gay industry. Like pretty much all males are gay high %. And most are super cool, I like to hang with them more than the drama queen women!!

It's just a philosophical difference in opinion. You feel various groups receiving praise for "contributing to society" should be a function of government. I do not*. That doesn't make me racist, or middle aged, or anti-gay, or an ahole.

If you have to call out diversity, isn't that really kinda racist in a backwards way? By that I mean, I would think most minorities just want to be treated like whites are, that is, like a person, without being treated "special".

I'm not upset about the council members sexual orientation. As I stated in my first post, I'm curious as to their background to make them qualified to say the things they are wanting to do and spend taxpayer monies.

*the one exception I make is memorial and veterans days.
Smh

Old 10-13-2019, 06:34 AM

917 posts, read 382,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
What is their stance on dealing with the huge number of illegal aliens flocked to the area because it is a sanctuary city? Anyone know? I didnt think so! what a joke
The city of Raleigh doesn't operate a jail; Wake County does. Therefore, the issue is irrelevant to the City of Raleigh.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:10 AM

4,740 posts, read 3,145,823 times
If you follow Raleigh city council, for the last year, an anti-abortion group from Wake Forest has been showing up at city council meetings. Like I'm pretty sure you should be showing up at the NCGA for stuff like that, not the city council.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:31 AM

773 posts, read 274,570 times
Quote:
Ford was President when Black History month was first observed in 1976, not the 60's. #history

You spoke of recent legislation the republicans passed that has been anti-black. I really have no way of searching for "anti black republican legislation". Can you provide some examples, please? I am genuinely interested.

I'm a millennial, who works in an extremely high % gay industry. Like pretty much all males are gay high %. And most are super cool, I like to hang with them more than the drama queen women!!

It's just a philosophical difference in opinion. You feel various groups receiving praise for "contributing to society" should be a function of government. I do not*. That doesn't make me racist, or middle aged, or anti-gay, or an ahole.

If you have to call out diversity, isn't that really kinda racist in a backwards way? By that I mean, I would think most minorities just want to be treated like whites are, that is, like a person, without being treated "special".

I'm not upset about the council members sexual orientation. As I stated in my first post, I'm curious as to their background to make them qualified to say the things they are wanting to do and spend taxpayer monies.

*the one exception I make is memorial and veterans days.

Yikes.....

Here's your reason, told through humor.

*******Adult language warning (as well as a warning for those who maybe triggered by the word "privilege", which is, by last check, somewhere in the neighborhood of 40% of our country)

https://youtu.be/1cuQTGKD01M

Old 10-13-2019, 12:52 PM

1,656 posts, read 1,937,958 times
Quote:
Well I'm not sure what their affiliation has to do with anything, I guess in your eyes it instantly makes them a racist? The party that under their leadership in congress and the WH pushed down black unemployment to never before seen levels? You're so right, those racist republicans! Always trying to keep minorities down!

Disagreeing with someone from a different race makes them a racist?

You're kind of hard to follow here and it feels like you have a chip on your shoulder.

I feel the whole "month celebration" thing is kinda a waste of time. I mean it feels more like pandering than actual meaningful...whatever it is. But it would be political suicide to strike it from the books so we're where we are now. I guess if you like getting pandered it's fine, but I just find that to be so demeaning personally.
My friends that are gay do not celebrate gay pride or want anything to do with alphabet soup group. They find them embarrassing. Most gay people don't fall in line with them. The alphabet soup is very vocal so they get a lot of attention. Hopefully whoever is on city council is more fiscally conservative. I didnt enjoy my taxes going up 10% and with the spending that happens that will continue to happen. Cant spend money without bringing more in.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:11 PM

10,936 posts, read 11,714,412 times
How many friends do you have who are gay? Cause all my gay friends like Pride. I was just at Durhams Pride a couple of weekends ago with lots of folks from all over the Triangle. What I’m finding surprising about this thread is that it has taken this long for Raleigh to have a gay council member. That is amazingly slow to me. Chapel Hill elected Joe Herzenberg to office the first time in 1979, forty years ago, and Raleigh is just now catching up. Wow.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:12 PM

6,163 posts, read 2,968,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
How many friends do you have who are gay? Cause all my gay friends like Pride. I was just at Durhams Pride a couple of weekends ago with lots of folks from all over the Triangle. What I’m finding surprising about this thread is that it has taken this long for Raleigh to have a gay council member. That is amazingly slow to me. Chapel Hill elected Joe Herzenberg to office the first time in 1979, forty years ago, and Raleigh is just now catching up. Wow.
There’s no meaning to it the gay population is not that high, most people aren’t gay. That doesn’t mean raleigh is anti gay or something .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or