U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 07:57 AM

10,938 posts, read 11,717,223 times

Advertisements

North Carolina Native here
Been in the Triangle since 1982
UNC grad
Lifelong Democrat
A little shocked and dismayed that Raleigh hasn’t had LGBTQ City Council members before now, but yay for finally electing some?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 08:15 AM

774 posts, read 275,127 times
Transplanted to the Triangle in March 2017
Graduated UMass Amherst in 2005 with a degree in Resource Economics.

Lifelong Registered Independent/Unaffiliated. Started my voting life as a Libertarian and have moved further and further left as I have aged. Will never support the current iteration of the Trumpican party. I prefer my Rs like Charlie Baker; as I have no use for the religiously infused social views of the National GOP Platform.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:53 AM

2,313 posts, read 1,292,309 times
Been in the Triangle since 1983 (other than a 3 year stint in the mountains) when I moved here as a teen. Graduated from Sanderson High School.

Attended college, didn't graduate, got married very young instead (the first time).

Registered democrat.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:05 AM

7,008 posts, read 8,347,848 times
North Carolina born.
Raleigh resident for 67 of 69 years.
Dropped out of Southwood College and never looked back.
Yellow Dog Democrat for life.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:08 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,915,398 times
Why are we doing this I didn't read this whole thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
Why are we doing this I didn't read this whole thread

The idea was thrown out on the bottom of the last page (in jest I believe) and some of us are simply playing along.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:14 AM

Oh

I'm a conservative democrat or classical liberal. I think religion and church is cool too. I'm a millennial born in NC been here since 2009

It's not discussed and I know it's a bit of a facade but I find Meyers Briggs typology informative and I think you'll see the "feelers" will cluster on the illiberal left

I'm intj

Old 10-14-2019, 10:19 AM

I guess it's time for millennials to be on the city council but this guy ran on being the "gay candidate" and attracted votes but I dunno it's a non qualification but yet in this era of identity politics it's enough to get elected

Let's just call a duck a duck guys and the triangle is taken over by progressives in government so expect tax raises across the board and all the cities putting their thumb on social issues and spending

If Durham passes this housing bond expect one in Raleigh

Old 10-14-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
Oh

I'm a conservative democrat or classical liberal. I think religion and church is cool too. I'm a millennial born in NC been here since 2009

It's not discussed and I know it's a bit of a facade but I find Meyers Briggs typology informative and I think you'll see the "feelers" will cluster on the illiberal left

I'm intj

Ironically I am a ENTJ; view emotions largely as a cloud when it comes to decision making (even while viewing empathy as a vital human trait; and one that is vitally lacking here in the US) and yet tend to side with, what in the US would be considered Left Leaning Economic policy (basically a Demand Side Social Libertarian), which in every other Western Democracy would put me smack dab in the Center.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:31 AM

7,447 posts, read 5,194,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I dunno. I don't really support government taking a stance on the subject. Our government should exist to allow people to gather and have events of their choosing but as far as taking sides on things? That is really only the job of the judicial branch.
You don't think that government should be the government of ALL people? That Government should not "take a stance" on enforcing that all humans are created equally and have equal rights, representation and acknowledgement in the eyes of the law? That's odd?

(If you are suggesting that we should do away with all holidays, all events, all parades, then I owe you an apology, even if I disagree, but I don't think that's what you are saying.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or