U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 11:44 AM

319 posts, read 136,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
Oh

I'm a conservative democrat or classical liberal. I think religion and church is cool too. I'm a millennial born in NC been here since 2009

It's not discussed and I know it's a bit of a facade but I find Meyers Briggs typology informative and I think you'll see the "feelers" will cluster on the illiberal left

I'm intj
Also intj. My wife hates our arguments. "Emotions do not compute during a debate and are illogical" haha. I am almost always right logically, but am learning logic is not everything.

I am a Paleoconservative mixed with Crunchy Conservatism and Populism. I am an Independent.

Got problems with both the current parties.

A Bible thumping, gun toting, anti-corporatist, organic eating farmer has difficulty fitting exactly in either party...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 01:22 PM

12,430 posts, read 22,091,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You don't think that government should be the government of ALL people? That Government should not "take a stance" on enforcing that all humans are created equally and have equal rights, representation and acknowledgement in the eyes of the law? That's odd?

(If you are suggesting that we should do away with all holidays, all events, all parades, then I owe you an apology, even if I disagree, but I don't think that's what you are saying.)
The one exception I made on the next page was memorial and veterans days. I would add July 4th (forgot about that one).

But all social, religious, etc holidays and "month long celebrations" I don't think they should take any sort of stance on.

If people want to organize for gay pride or any other issue the government exists to allow them to do that peacefully and free from interference (first amendment).

Last edited by wheelsup; 10-14-2019 at 02:06 PM..

Old 10-14-2019, 02:58 PM

922 posts, read 553,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Baptist View Post
Also intj. My wife hates our arguments. "Emotions do not compute during a debate and are illogical" haha. I am almost always right logically, but am learning logic is not everything.

I am a Paleoconservative mixed with Crunchy Conservatism and Populism. I am an Independent.

Got problems with both the current parties.

A Bible thumping, gun toting, anti-corporatist, organic eating farmer has difficulty fitting exactly in either party...
HAHA! Country-Boy-Gun-Toting-Libertarian-Christian-Conservative-Art major that works in the software world, seems to not fit the mold's either. Us INTx's need to start a third party.

INTP here. LOL

Old 10-14-2019, 03:20 PM

4,740 posts, read 3,145,823 times
Been in the Triangle since September 2014 (5 years now)
Graduated from Clemson in December 2013
Independent

INTJ

Old 10-14-2019, 04:34 PM

The problem with all this self disclosure is it in no way represents the area as a whole. These forums tend to attract a typical social-economic segment of the population which in general will mostly think alike, as this thread proves.

Old 10-14-2019, 04:48 PM

771 posts, read 274,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
The problem with all this self disclosure is it in no way represents the area as a whole. These forums tend to attract a typical social-economic segment of the population which in general will mostly think alike, as this thread proves.

I don't know man.

So far we have
A Lifelong Democrat
A Demand Side Social Libertarian
A Yellow Dog Democrat
A PaleoConservative
A Country-Boy-Gun-Toting-Libertarian-Christian-Conservative-Art major
And an Independent

Pretty freaking diverse set of views there if you ask me. Given the Reddish-Purplish (in terms of POTUS voting) hue of the state and area, not sure it is that off.

Old 10-14-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I don't know man.

So far we have
A Lifelong Democrat
A Yellow Dog Democrat
A PaleoConservative
And an Independent

Pretty freaking diverse set of views there if you ask me. Given the Reddish-Purplish (in terms of POTUS voting) hue of the state and area, not sure it is that off.
Of the ones who have responded (the few).

Just browse similar threads, they all end up pretty much the same way.

I'm not saying it's bad, the mere fact most of us have internet access and enough time off to spend on a place like this sets us apart from the rest of the pack .

Old 10-14-2019, 05:00 PM

319 posts, read 136,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I don't know man.

So far we have
A Lifelong Democrat
A Yellow Dog Democrat
A PaleoConservative
And an Independent

That is quite a combo of folks haha. The only stranger combo I've seen is when I attend Farm-To-Consumer-Legal-Defense-Fund events.

At those events you have Libertarians, Christians, Hippies and everything in between commingling and advocating for Raw Milk, Local Farms, and less regulations.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Of the ones who have responded (the few).

Just browse similar threads, they all end up pretty much the same way.

Sounds like you are hoping/wishing for something that simply isn't there friend.

The straw poll few who have chimed in pretty much exactly represent the state (and country) as a whole.

~25% Republican
~31% Democrat
~42% Independent

Or if you want to compare it to the state's last midterm election results, which had the highest turnout in 100 years, 50.4% R, 48.4 D, 1% Other.

ETA - But I do agree, even with the small sample size seeming to represent the broader population accurately, we here are not representative of the whole lot of us.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Baptist View Post
That is quite a combo of folks haha. The only stranger combo I've seen is when I attend Farm-To-Consumer-Legal-Defense-Fund events.

At those events you have Libertarians, Christians, Hippies and everything in between commingling and advocating for Raw Milk, Local Farms, and less regulations.

It's what makes us great....if we could only find the time and desire to do the thing which makes this whole thing work, compromise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or