U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 10:04 PM

669 posts, read 474,194 times

Advertisements

I'll have to pour a couple apple cider slushies in my mouth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 05:26 AM

17,360 posts, read 26,685,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
My favorite food is ice cream from the NCSU Food Science Department. In previous years there building is not with the other food vendors and is over by the bunny barn. I know I can get the ice cream at Harris Teeter now, but the food memory is going to the State Fair and getting it there.
You can get it year round at State (the real thing not the Teeter stuff).

Old 10-16-2019, 01:17 PM

2,753 posts, read 1,655,329 times
First thing Sunday morning is ideal - and leave by 1 pm. That’s when the crowds start pouring in. Also if it’s raining that helps with crowd control. I’m excited for the food, which is really the only part I care about. However my son wants allllll the rides and alllllll the games!

Old 10-16-2019, 02:51 PM

853 posts, read 577,446 times
My favorite food is ice cream from the NCSU Food Science Department. In previous years there building is not with the other food vendors and is over by the bunny barn. I know I can get the ice cream at Harris Teeter now, but the food memory is going to the State Fair and getting it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
You can get it year round at State (the real thing not the Teeter stuff).
Ug, a there/their error. I'm not a grammar person, but I know better. Thanks for letting me know about the real stuff on campus.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:08 AM

2,090 posts, read 1,830,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farebluenc View Post
A ranking of state fair foods by the News & Observer.

https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...236203213.html

I usually just get roasted corn and a turkey leg before remembering that I don't like turkey legs all that much. Hoping I can save room from some of these other treats.

I'm a Turkey Leg guy through and through, but I think I'm gonna try some other stuff this year. The N&O list is cool, but it seems a tad too conventional for the ridiculous offerings at the fair. How is the first and best-rated item a chicken-based item?!!

That's just soooo vanilla...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I'm intrigued by the stuffed turkey leg.

I've had Crack'n Cheese last year and it was delicious. I often find the turkey legs to be under-cooked. Maybe if it's "stuffed" that means more of the inside-meat will have been taken out and what's left will have been cooked more thoroughly.

Campfire on a Stick will 100% for sure be on my menu next week.
I wanna try the Crack in Cheese... so that's different than the stuffed leg?

And honestly, I don't think those Turkey Legs are real turkey... and if they are... then they're brined to hell with some additional substances that probably aren't fit for consumption... no way you can put turkey on direct heat for that long without a ridiculous amount of drying. If you've tried to grill one yourself without marinating and/or brining, then you know the deal.

The Turkey Legs honestly taste like ham to me... might be from all the "brining"

Last edited by UserNamesake; 10-18-2019 at 10:27 AM..

Old 10-18-2019, 11:03 AM

5,216 posts, read 3,459,790 times
Good news for fairgoers using I-40.

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-rel...anes-open.aspx

Old 10-18-2019, 12:03 PM

7,008 posts, read 8,347,848 times
I probably won’t make it to the Fair this year. I waited 65 years to get in free and I moved away

Old 10-18-2019, 12:07 PM

2,018 posts, read 1,397,564 times
Looks like a tropical storm moving in this weekend is going to hit the fair at a bad time!

Old 10-18-2019, 12:41 PM

10,659 posts, read 7,769,391 times
Quote:

Ug, a there/their error. I'm not a grammar person, but I know better. Thanks for letting me know about the real stuff on campus.
Talley Student Center

Old 10-18-2019, 05:06 PM

368 posts, read 534,910 times
I am going to have to move back to NC. I can get into the fair free now as a senior!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary