U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 10:16 PM

473 posts, read 525,895 times

Advertisements

I had the pumpkin spice hush puppies with pumpkin spice glaze at Old North State Kitchen today. Highly recommend them if you love any pumpkin. And do make sure to get the glaze with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 08:01 AM

916 posts, read 879,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoe571 View Post
I had the pumpkin spice hush puppies with pumpkin spice glaze at Old North State Kitchen today. Highly recommend them if you love any pumpkin. And do make sure to get the glaze with it.
Yea, they were our favorite too.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:58 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,654,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Anyone else unable to access the fair website to order tickets online? Is it down or is it just my computer?
This was a funny one yesterday. They forgot to renew their domain name and it expired. Fixed not obviously.

Old 10-24-2019, 09:50 AM

12,087 posts, read 28,657,037 times
Went to the fair yesterday and was surprised to see the crowd as large as it was. Granted, it was a beautiful day but I was hoping more people would have stayed at work and kids would have been in school!!! Wishful thinking!

Did anyone else think the prices on the games have gone up tremendously? Or am I just forgetting what we paid last year?

And even the kids' rides used so many tickets?

Old 10-24-2019, 11:53 AM

2,834 posts, read 6,645,499 times
My Fair account of Fairs.
As a kid they were the 3F's!
Fantastic, Freaky, and Fabulous!
As a parent that had young kids they were 3F's as well!
Frightening, Funny, and Fluffy (cotton candy wise)
As a parent with grown children they are now just 2C's!
Crowded and Costly!

My Fair evolution account.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:29 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,654,499 times
We had a good time yesterday arrived at 9:45am, rides opened at 10:00. We got to go on every ride the little ones wanted to with no lines. We also saw the military parade.

We purchased the early tickets and what not at Food Lion. I spent a total of 96 dollars for the day. This includes, entrance, ride tickets, few games, funnel cake, ice cream some, other fried food. Family of 4. We had packed our own lunch and drinks to bring it. We left around 12:45

Old 10-24-2019, 07:46 PM

2,090 posts, read 1,830,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Tried two of the mentioned foods yesterday
- The pimento cheese crab balls were quite good, but thought for the price their should have been three vs the two you get.

agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Went to the fair yesterday and was surprised to see the crowd as large as it was. Granted, it was a beautiful day but I was hoping more people would have stayed at work and kids would have been in school!!! Wishful thinking!

Did anyone else think the prices on the games have gone up tremendously? Or am I just forgetting what we paid last year?

And even the kids' rides used so many tickets?

In my observation, it seems like attendance is down.

I last went in either 2017 or 2016, and it was shoulder to shoulder... could barely move. I've been twice now... once Friday at peak time at night and again today on can food day (just got back), and it was extremely navigable. Nothing like two years ago.

I also frequent the fairground area for business, and it really hasn't been that bad (comparatively speaking) up there.

And TarHeel, I stand corrected, there are some tendons in the "turkey" leg... but the ham taste and consistency are still undeniable. The stuffed crack gives you "real" turkey and the "turkey" leg and the difference is night and day.

I really need to know what's going on here.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:21 PM

4,084 posts, read 2,796,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
agreed.

In my observation, it seems like attendance is down.

I last went in either 2017 or 2016, and it was shoulder to shoulder... could barely move. I've been twice now... once Friday at peak time at night and again today on can food day (just got back), and it was extremely navigable. Nothing like two years ago.

I also frequent the fairground area for business, and it really hasn't been that bad (comparatively speaking) up there.

And TarHeel, I stand corrected, there are some tendons in the "turkey" leg... but the ham taste and consistency are still undeniable. The stuffed crack gives you "real" turkey and the "turkey" leg and the difference is night and day.

I really need to know what's going on here.
Sad to say that last night I just couldn't muster up the will to wait in the insane line that the Crackin truck had. I went back 45 minutes later and the line of people who were waiting to order were now all clustered at the pickup window waiting for their food to be ready. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Was also disappointed that they were all out of the JoCo Jalepno Whopper.....but did get a "JoCo HoHo".

Campfire on a stick also had an inexcusable line BUT I did try the GIANT Reeses donut and it was on point.

Maybe I'll get to try the crackin'-stuffed turkey leg next year.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:34 PM

2,090 posts, read 1,830,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Sad to say that last night I just couldn't muster up the will to wait in the insane line that the Crackin truck had. I went back 45 minutes later and the line of people who were waiting to order were now all clustered at the pickup window waiting for their food to be ready. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Was also disappointed that they were all out of the JoCo Jalepno Whopper.....but did get a "JoCo HoHo".

Campfire on a stick also had an inexcusable line BUT I did try the GIANT Reeses donut and it was on point.

Maybe I'll get to try the crackin'-stuffed turkey leg next year.

I considered the giant Reeses but I went with the crackin stuffed and corn on the cob and Amish donuts and the pimento cheese crab balls...

20 bucks is steep for the crack... but it's goooooood....

Old 10-25-2019, 08:40 AM

17,359 posts, read 26,679,748 times
attendance is up and down from last year; seems to depend on the day:

https://www.ncstatefair.org/2019/New...attendance.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary